Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
hi,
I agree with the statement that there should be changes in our educational system to create future leaders.
The first focus must be in primary education.We know that, what we learn in our childhood remain for ever.It is fixed in our mind throughout our life,and whatever may be the experience we have in the later life that mindset is hard to change.So if we can feed the right knowledge to the children at that time of their life,they will grow up as great citizens of the country.If we can train them good at that time, not only great leaders, but a whole group of people who excel in various fields will be formed.
To make it possible,first we have to train our teachers,especially primary teachers.They must be trained in such a way that, along with the curriculum they teach, they must also be able to impart some values to the children.They must be able to teach them the greatness of our country,the values we posses, our culture and everything good we have so that the children become proud of their country and they grow up as a responsible citizens.If this vision become a reality i believe our nation will be second to none in any field and the leaders of the future generation will have full commitment to the nation.
I strongly oppose our education system.
The infrastructure of Indian education is not bad. But relatively as compared to other nations, our education is still a bit fragile and requires immediate measures for a drastic change.
As far as I remember my schooldays, we were always taught about our Nation's past, other nation's past, the past of our own evolution.
Agreed, the fact that we need to know this but we were hardly exposed to what was happening in the present or what should happen in the future.
If you try to recollect, there has not been many real life implementations of what we had learned in school except for the Moral values.
We were always told that our class 10 exams were the most important. Later it became the 12th and the IITs, AIEEEs, CETs. Further it became our Pre graduation and then post graduation.
What really matters is not how much degrees we have got but how much knowledge we have gained.
And we hardly remember what we have gained after the semesters are over.
Have of us might have already forgotten when they had seen or used their last mark sheet.
We don't want Quantity, we want Quality.
@ Abid,

I have also pointed that as a first step we should stop thinking that educational instituitions are only a business.There is a greater responsibility for them.

Ya, today's system is SSA. But its doubtful how much it is successful.. Students are being shifted to other boards from the state boards.. Its true that SSA has a different path rather than concentrating only on books....

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
@ Abid..

We should create good leaders from our young generation..
For that we have to give a wide exposure to our students. In today's education system, the work load on students are very high. They are forced to stick on to books.

This situation should change. Students should get good exposure to the society so they can develop a good personality and leadership qualities...

Santosh,

Today's generation is more leaned to entertainment. Its not only because of the mixture with english culture. There are more medium for entertainment than those which were here years before.

A student should follow only the rule of his own university. So, small deviation in rules between universities are not so bad..

Its true that many of our students like to study abroad. Its because facilities are more in foreign countries..

Okay.. its good if military persons can come to politics. But we can't say that it will solve all the problems.. Corruption is not only in one or two persons.. Its in the whole system.. In us...

After retirement soldiers may like to take rest and i don't think that all will like to come to politics.

Another problem is that situations makes people bad.. When they come to politics, they also get chances to bribe. Only people with strong will can handle such situations. So, can't say that militararians will make politics clean completely..

But its pretty good to try..

Yes MC,

We have to start from the primary education itself. Teachers have a very important role in forming personality of a student. Teachers should be trained good to handle it good. More than a job, teaching profession asks more responsibility..

Michael,

You have said the correct point that when we are in 10th we are said that its important. Later we go up, we realise that 10th was nothing compared to coming exams.

We should not concentrate on marks. Education should be meant to increase knowledge..

The film 3 Idiots conveys this message.

Don't run behind success, increase your ability and success will come after you..

Jobin,
I think what abid has said about Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan is correct.It is made on the bases of gurukul system and it has got many features to revolutionize the educational system.We cant say its not successful and children are shifted to state boards, because the CBSE itself is changing to the methodology of SSA.Now CBSE has got seminars,projects and even the grading system like SSA.I truly believe that our educational system can give birth to great leaders if the SSA type education is properly utilized.We just have to modify the SSA system because at present itself it has got many quality features.
In SSA, students have to become group leaders and lead their group.One typical example i know is about a history class on the topic United Nations.In that class, students are divided into groups and they are told to represent a country.Then they do a mock session of UN with the class leader as UN secretary and the respective leaders of the group as the person representing the country.How interesting, right.Similarly they conduct mock parliament,mock court etc..Now that will really improve the leadership quality of a student!
But one draw back is that, only some students will be in the spotlight.The usual students shine in this and others who are shy won't involve that much.But still there is participation.And also every student has to present their own seminars and projects which really improves the self confidence of the student.There are also debates conducted which can make tremendous improvement in the personality of a child.
So SSA is a great system.But there are many loop holes in it.We have to really focus on it and i truly believe if we can modify the system, it will create not only great leaders, but also many responsible citizens.
@Santosh,
i don’t think keeping military people directly in leadership of a country is a good idea.If they can win through a ballot, its great.Everyone will accept it.But otherwise Rajya Sabha is the best place for such people.
i don’t totally disagree to your idea, because when we consider leadership as an Art of taking decision, military people may be good.They can take a strict and correct stand on issues.But only problem is that, they wont have the mass support.A true leader must be a mass leader elected by the people.

@Abid
Your idea that there should be a school and degree for politicians is good.Only a person who has qualification from a political school or university must be able to contest in election and become leaders.Here also a change in the educational system is needed.A whole new concept of education has to introduced.But as we all know, thats practically impossible because of the attitude and political environment we have.

@Michael,
You are absolutely right.One of my teacher used to say..’99% of what we study from school is a waste when we take our day to day life’.We all study just to get higher degree.As you said, we go behind quantity and not quality.An overall development of personality is not taking place.But i believe, with the introduction of SSA, situation is much different.There are many good features in SSA.But still its not perfect.We have to modify it and rectify the loop holes.At the same time we must give more weightage to primary education, because thats where every development starts.
First of all there should be political topics be included in the books of students and topics regarding the country and the duties of the citizen towards the country. There should also be quiz contests regarding politics and leadership which will spread the knowledge.
"What changes needed in our education system to create future leaders?"

Hello Friends, only the top colleges of India which are in very less number have good education system. Like : IIM,IIT,IIPM,NIT,GURUKUL,DPS ETC. Only these type of schools and colleges provides a good environment to students to enhance their skills and a innovating environment. To have a innovating mind you must have the practical knowledge. Without practical knowledge there is nothing because theory never do some practical work. And 95% education providers of India only provide only theory knowledge.
The education system needs good knowledgeful lecturars who can teach a student in good manner.

The next problem is cast problem in India. There are always a seats reserved in most good colleges for different cast. This should be changes. Why % more required for general students, why not for SC/BC. Why fees is more for General students not for SC/BC.

So Indian Education system needs a environment which can give a equal place for all students and practical knowledge Because a practical mind can can only give birth to new innovations.

Thank you
Lohit
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.