Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think Person who are honest and good in education and have enough certificate and have confidence to lead .

then that person is able to become leader. Today lot of politician is not educated and background is not good show how can they lead.

so As per my point of view first priority should be given for education.

Educated person can be eye of people to see as leader.

E.G. Manmohan singh is well educated you think if all politician have capability as Manmohan singh then Indian politics will be best.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

MC,

I'm not saying that projects and seminars are bad to students. What i was said that sometimes students just take it as a way of getting some internal marks.. But some take it serious.. Now a days a good no.of students are giving it a good importance...

Yes.. that what i said .. when political parties interfere in preparing study materials, chances are there that they try to encourage their ideologies. So, it should be prepared by a well qualified panel.

Teachers have a very important role in forming the future of tomorrow.. !!
They should give good training.. and i think most of the teachers know their responsibility and they are doing well...

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
Yes Michael..

Politics had a very bad impression among youth..
Youth came to politics some times if they have no other choice.. No one is wishing to come to politics because he thinks he should/can do something...

Abid,

I really respect teacher a lot.. Its the world's best profession.. More than a profession.. Its a service..

Yes santosh,

Education should be made as a basic qualification of a politician.. Otherwise they can't serve the nation well..

A Minister of external affairs should have the basic qualification to handle it.. Like wise education should be given more importance...

Education is not only what we grab from class rooms..
We should study from every thing..

From nature.. our surroundings..

There is something to study from everything..!!

@Santosh,
I don’t really think that a person who has high degrees can be a good leader.We cant generalize that.Leadership is for some part an inborn quality and which is developed by experience.Education is a part of it but having higher degrees cannot be a criteria for a good leader.Here i again emphasis on my point that, a good basic education is what really makes a leader.If the educational system is designed to have practical knowledge, if it impart sense of nationality, and if there are trained teachers, thats what gonna make a great leader.
I want to consolidate this with an example.Lets take the life of two personalities in Indian politics.One is Mr.K.Kamaraj and the other is Rajiv Gandhi.K.kamaraj was the last word of congress at his time.He was the party president and a great leader.He was also called Kingmaker in Indian politics.Do you know what his education was.He dropped out of the school at the age of 11.!!.The other is Rajiv Gandhi.He was well educated, but he lack the quality possessed by Kamaraj..His wrong decision and policy even resulted in his death by the hands of LTTE.So my point is that, its not correct to say, higher the education better the leader.
In case of Manmohan Singh, i too agree he is good leader and very well educated(a long list of degree).But that doesn’t mean that any person with a high degree will become a good leader.Leadership is an art of taking decision.Its a quality a person must possess.High knowledge and degrees are a small part of it only.Here i like to make it clear that i am not saying a leader doesn’t need to have education. I only say that high degrees are not a criteria.A good basic knowledge and the quality and skill of leadership is important, which a person has to get from his childhood.

@jobin
I understand that you are not against SSA.But all i am saying is that, with all the loop holes you point out, its still a great system and we can revolutionize the educational system if we throughly revise it and modify it.SSA has the potential to make not only great leaders but also great citizens of India.

@abid,
The list of suggestions you gave are really good and practicable.I think all we need is determined government policy to change our educational system.A committee must be made to study the system and also to implement the findings.The people in the committee must be real visionaries and not just some policy makers.In my opinion the best person to lead such a committee is APJ Abdul Kalam.He is a man of vision.If given full authority he can revolutionize our eduction system and produce great leaders for India just like him!
A great leader is someone who possesses a sound mind, someone who is capable of taking right decisions at the right time, someone who can lead from the front.
Such qualities can't be embedded in someone by acquiring more and more degrees. Degrees are a measure of how qualified you are in a particular field. It can't predict that you can become a great leader. Though, when you become highly qualified your opinions might be heard and taken into consideration. Everyone will respect you but only those who truly understand the depth of your qualifications.
The most important quality a leader must possess is that he should be able to connect with people. He should be able to develop a mutual understanding with the people about their hardships and their trials and turbulations.
So our education, not only our education but also our society, should look to provide a platform which enables the young generation to know about its people, their needs and their requirements.
Yes surely changes will come.But that change is not towards the improvement over the improvement.It will surely make some critical problems if army mans come to teach.

Actually youngsters don't like rules and regulations.They actually need proper role model and guidance.
MC,

Higher education is an asset for the politician but not a compulsory. But a basic knowledge and education about what he is doing or dealing with is an essential thing. Not saying that a man with a high degree will be a good leader. But a good leader with a good education will be a great leader.

SSA is a good education system. System will undergo revising as time goes and new system which is efficient for the time will be accepted and implemented. DPEP was replaced and SSA and as time goes, better one will be implemented.

Michael,
But the thing is that if we want to take a good decision, we need knowledge about it. Without knowing about it, how can we take a good decision. It will be possible in some cases. In some delicated issues, situatiopns, programmes etc. one should no about it to take a decision.

But knowledge or education doesn't make full meaning for a good leader. He should know how to use it and where to use it. A good decision and planning is needed for a good leader. And in politics, one requires a good mind...

Aleeza,

We are not talking about army men coming to our colleges to teach us. Its all about entering of military persons into politics. In our discussion, one member had pointed out that it will be good if military person enter into politics. But can't say that it will be a very high success....

MC,

Mistake can be made by educated and non educated person both but its required to maintain some standard in politics if there are not educated person in politics then taking decision for any matter is difficult for that person.

Certificates is proof of education otherwise any person come and will say i am educated.

What you have learn in education you will forget day by day but if you have certificate than its proof that you are educated.

so certificate is required.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.