Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@ Santosh
You are mixing up the terms. What are you talking about is not an educated man, you are talking about a qualified man someone who has excelled in a particular field. Someone who don't possesses a degree doesn't mean he is not educated.
You can't get nominated for the elections by showing your degrees.
People don't look for how many degrees a person has got, in case of elections, they look for his/her past record. About how well acquainted he/she is with the people.
However when it comes for the post of President or the Governor, one's degrees might be play a useful hand. Because those posts are always given to well qualified and honoured men. But they hardly come into the limelight. (Exceptions are always there.)
But our democracy has a governemnt for the people, by the people and of the people.
So unless and untill one mixes with its people and instead, goes on showing his/her degree and hoping of becoming a good leadar, one won't succeed.
Santosh,
With due respect, i once again disagree with you.I believe the point you are making is that, people with high qualification and degrees must become leaders in politics.And i disagree and my point is that, having higher education in a particular field and having higher degrees cannot be a criteria to select a good leader.It is not the higher education, but the quality of leadership that a person possess which make him a great leader.I never say that a qualified person is not fit for politics, but only with a high qualification or degree no great leaders are made.If that is the case then all the IIT,IIM students can be considered as future leader of India!So i want to stick on to my point that its not higher education, but the basic education which improves the leadership quality of a person that is to be changed and modified.Changing the educational system for getting good leaders has got nothing to do with higher education and higher degrees.As you said mistakes happen for both, but decision taking and higher education are no way related in my opinion.
I would like to use an example to consolidate my view.Lets take a football player.Do you think that a person with high stamina and good ball skills can be a good player?.We can see people who does so many tricks with football.Can we say they all are good football players.What really makes a football player is his ability to take decision and presence of mind in the game.Now that is an inborn quality and a part of personality he develops from his childhood.It is no way realted to his skill and ability with the ball.
So its never the higher education and qualification in a particular field that can be a criteria for good leader.Of course if the leaders have such degree along with the quality of leadership, then as Jobin said, that would be a great leader.But just degrees are not a criteria.

@Michael
I perfectly agree with you.You are right.A leader must be made by the people.A true mass leader is a great leader.He/she has to come from the base, and must have experience in working with the people.It is quality a leader must have and it has got nothing to do with higher degrees and certificates.And as Jobin said, if we get a hybrid person with good quality, and quantity of education its the best.
Michal and MC

When you go for interview then your certificate play major roll for selection and to decide criteria if for small post lot of degree and certificate required so politician is like a big post why degree and certificate not required.

This thing is making politics more corrupted. More difficult selection process can give us good leader.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Santosh..

Education is needed for a politician.

You have said that "What you have learn in education you will forget day by day but if you have certificate than its proof that you are educated.so certificate is required."
I disagree to you at that point...
If its so, then what's the use of education? One should be using his education and knowledge frequently so that he may not forget it.

Michael,
Its true that degrees do not fetch votes. And our problem is that we don't look the educational qualification of the candidate when we go for voting one. Not saying that degrees make everything,but one should have a basic knowledge and education. But not just education makes him win in an election. Its just because its not an academic election.
Its a selection to serve people...!!
So, if people think that he can serve the society and the nation,then only they will give votes...

Santosh,

Its true that when we go for an interview, our certificates matters a lot. But now the scenario is changing..!! The selection process is now more efficient. Certificates are just basic qualification and it doesn't matters a lot.

Selection is done through many steps like interview,tests,GD's etc. So,having a certificate will not fetch you a job...
The certificate is just a qualification for you to participate in the corresponding interview.
All the participants will have certificates.Grades may be different, but it doesn't matters a lot.All the participants are not selected who have certificates with good grades...

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
Jobin

what you say you can not become Govt. officer with certificate. so If you live in India then certificate is in demand first for any good job.

rare case is every where.

so in private jobs it may not require certificate but for any good job degree or certificate is required.

You can not remember all things all time its natural limitation of mind so you can not change universal rules.

So I tell you can you get Government jobs. If i raise this question to you then your first think will reach on your qualification and degree or certificate define your qualification.

Santosh Kumar Singh

People have got a completely wrong idea about education...

Just to remind..we are talking about how to improve our education standards to build future leaders..

So cut out the private sector issue and if you are thinking to opt for a government job you have got a completely different set of exams to clear no matter what are your qualifications....
no one's gonna ask you how many certificates you have got
We need a lot of change in our education system.I believe that, education should be such that suits every individual.Education should not be like cramming.Small children from the starting of education are said to cram or memorize .Education should not be like that.Education should be interesting,though indian government is trying to do these changes, but still more efforts needed.

Regards,
Ronark Bhardwaj

Want to make each day Accountable

Yes I am giving example only not diverting your topics Michael. If certificate and degree criteria is for job then why its not compulsory for politician.

and Certificate is related to education so whatever i am talking about certificate its not avoidable its have lot of importance in education.

Santosh Kumar Singh

The discussion is diverting from topic.Our topic is "What changes needed in our education system to create future leaders?".

The Wardha Project introduced by our beloved father of nation Mahathma Gandhi is to be introduced in its full form to create great leaders.The Wardha project contained all the basic needs of a man to live a happy life.It was a child centered educational plan.Britishers followed the exam centered education system which is still continuing in our country.
If the education is child centered all the abilities in a child will be caught by the teacher and he will direct the child in proper way.By this early direction itself he will grow in right path and will be able to attain his goal.So such an education will also donate good leaders.

Gandhiji told " By education I mean, the alround development of mental , spiritual and physical abilities of a child"

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Santosh,
I'm not saying that we don't require certificates for getting a job. What i'm saying is that certificate is the basic qualification to take part in the interview.Your performance in the interview and the selection is what matters more. Education is not by hearting something. Its all about understanding something, knowing how to apply it..

Certificates are important.But certificates doesn't make everything..!!

Michael,
Though its a govt. job or other, to participate in interviews or selection exams, certificates are our basic qualification. Anyway we should not deviate from our topic..

Ronark,
Education asks us for a good memory.But education is not all about memorising things.We should know how to apply it correctly in correct time.
Education should be made more practical oriented.
Students should given chance to experience what he reads in books...!!
For that we should develop our resources and strategy. ..

Abid,
Yes we are still continuing the exam based educational system, its time to take deviation from the usual path. Education should be made powerful to find the skills of a student and give them the way to follow their dreams and ability. If one doesn't like or doesn't have the skill to become a doctor.. We should not force him.

Education should have the power to help students to choose their path in which they can perform best.. Better than the Best... !!

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.