Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Abid,
Its a nice practise of selecting one leader for a month in a school. This will give chance for everybody to show and improve their leadership qualities. But the only problem is that the one who has a real leadership qualities will find 1 month as a very less time. But its not a very big problem, when everybody gets the same time.It will come to a competitive spirit and everybody will try to do the best with the responsibility given to him. This will surely help to develop his qualities.

MC,
Now i think it has been changed, in most of schools, leaders are selected on the basis of election by students itself.
And do you know what's happening in our college.. There will be a boy and a girl rep(like leader) for every class.If one should like to stand in election,one of his supporter should nominate his name and another one should support him.Thus his nomination is accepted. After all nomination are accepted, election is done.
If a boy is selected through election, then the girl rep will be the one who got the highest mark among girls and viceversa if girl is selected through election. I don't think that its a bad practise. And about college senate, everything is done as per election structure..

Selection should be always through Election... !!

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
"Leaders are not born, they are created".That is the actual thing.But today the "not" is displaced and it is changed as " Leaders are born , not created".

This situation came due to the quality of our education !Our education may be good in one sense for increasing the knowledge.But it lacks some other qualities.One of them is the development of leadership qualities.Hence we have to conduct leadership training programs at different levels frequently.This is not at all a good practice.

So in my opinion a student should be given exposure to various situations during his study period. His responses at these situations is to be assessed very carefully and guided accordingly.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Abid

There may be lot of factor as told by you to make good leader but one thing i want to say that everyone can not be like Jakir Hussain as Tablist so every person can not become good leader even he got all area of education.

God gift is very big power we can not avoid it.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Abid,
Its a correct thing that education is more concentrating on knowledge.. But I will say that education is more concentrated on marks.. Students are prepared to score good marks in exams rather than gaining knowledge or developing other qualities in him..This should be changed.

Our topic asks what all changes we need in our educational system.In my opinion,marks are important but we should give importance to other things too. Extra curricular activities, career guidance, personality development, leadership camps etc. should be made atleast once a year and it should be made compulsory...

Santosh,
Its true that everyone has their own abilities. But the educational system should be capable to find the hidden abilities of students.

Don't make them go with the flow....!!

Help him to find his own way. Educational system should be powerful for this...

hi everyone,
Do you think it will be good if NCC or Scouts and Guides are made compulsory for every student?.I believe it will do great in finding good leaders.They have some good activities and workshops that help in the overall development of a student.They really help to find good leaders as they give lots of opportunities to lead.It would also fulfill the need of personality development classes and leadership camps as Jobin said.A physically and mentality fit society can be made, out of which, will emerge the great leaders of future India!.
The famous philosopher John Dewey defined education as the continued process of experiencing and revising or reorganising experiences.Education is the development of all those capacities in the individual which will enable him to control his environment and fulfil his possibilities.

From the second part of this definition it is clear that by education all the capacities including leadership must be developed.Also there are three types of leaderships -
1) autocratic leaders who are rigorous disciplinarians
2) Laissez-faire leaders who leave their followers to themselves and
3) Democratic leaders who share thoughts with followers and makes decission.

By education the third type of leadership quality is to be acheived.Then only people will work whole heartly and will come forward to assume responsibilities.Fortunately present SSA is in this direction and hope within years we can see the good results.

Visit my blogs:

MC,
I agree that NCC helps the formation of a good person. It will help in personality development, growing leadership qualities and many other good qualities..

But I don't think that its good to make it compulsory.. It should be taken only if the students like. Because its a matter of responsibility. making students to join it compulsorily will decrease the quality.

Rather we can encourage students to join NCC by conducting awareness camps etc.. Thus we can attract students and i'm sure that NCC will help in moulding good leaders for the future..!!

One thing can be made compulsory that every school should have a NCC unit or like that which makes the door always open for the students...!!

Abid,

Yes education should be capable of developing all those capacities which will enable him to control his environment and fulfil his possibilities. Leadership is a responsibility. Our education should be in such a way that it makes the students to feel their responsibility..

If this good environment can be created by the education, then I'm sure that we can make good persons and good leaders from our student community...

" Burn the books...
Demolish the walls...
Throw the child to nature..."

The above was the words of famous philosopher Roussoe to develop the qualities in a child by natural way.

(I conclude my discussion with this being leaving net for two days)

Visit my blogs:

[Pasting from the phbb forum]

So, the topic is going to come to an end I'm giving my conclusion...

* Education should be made powerful so that it helps in developing all the qualities in the students like personality development, leadership training etc.

* Students should be given chance to take part in co-curricular activities like camps etc.

* Schools should have NCC units, sports training etc which will make students come forward to join in it which inturn help students.

* Education should not be made focussing on marks, rather it should focus on knowledge.

* students should be given chance to know about various career paths on reaching 10th standard itself so that they get enough time to choose their path.

Pasted from phpbb forum

Jobin,
I stick to my point that NCC or Scouts and Guides should be made compulsory. In fact, it was compulsory in India in the years after China war.So its not at all impracticable.You see, even our former President A.P.J.Abdul Kalam suggested that 2 year NCC training must be made compulsory in schools.There is no need that every student has to complete the full program, but a basic training in discipline and other activities must be there.

I was in Scouts and i know how much influence it make in molding one's personality.i joined because of my parents.I was not aware what it was, at that time.But later i realized that it was one best thing that happened in my life.I learned to be a leader in my life from the activities of Scouts.It helped me to find out the leadership quality in me and that changed me as a person.In every walks of life i got its benefits.So my point is that, if students are compelled to join in NCC or Scouts and Guides, later they will realize its benefits and by the time their qualities, including leadership quality will improve.By simple awareness a very few are going to join.Thats a time tested fact.

Abid,
The words of those philosopher's are great.But to make it practical, we must have people with vision.As i have said earlier, there should be government policy and committee consisting of visionaries like A.P.J.Abdul Kalam.I believe current SSA system is having some of this quality.But lots more are to be done.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.