Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The current education had put students under stress.So many results like immature departure, suicides,mental problems etc are reported.So even CBSE also had decided to give grades in exams.Actually it is the success of SSA.They says that it is for reducing the stress and strain of students.

Ofcourse they have to be reduced.But at the same time in order to assess the level of achievement some new methods to be adopted.We can test the student at different classes in different abilities based on his mental age.During higher secondary level he might be entering to the age of voting.So his leadership qualities can be tested.It should not be a single test.Continuous evolution and assessment required so that on completion of the course he will emerge as a good leader.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
The exam based education system will be a burden for students. Not saying that exams are not needed. Till new system of measuring student's knowledge is implemented, we need exams. But assessment of a student should not stop within an exam.

We can't say that a student who was not able to perform good in exams due to some health problems is a poor system.So, assessment should be a continous one rather than exam centred.

The success of SSA lies here that, it makes a continous assessment of student's performance.

Coming to our topic, this should be made more efficient in our education system. We can reduce the importance of terminal assessment and give more importance to a continous assessment of student.Through this we can correctly measure the potential of a student and there by we can develop his abilities and skills.

This will help to frame good leaders to our country from our students for our future...!!

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
I don't remember who said this, I heard it from my physical education lecturer.
"To know the qualities of a student , make him to play freely in a ground with his peer groups.Definitely all qualities in him will be thrown out within a thirty minuts play"

So assessment in right way is the method to identify the qualities and surely the leadership quality also can be assessed by this way.

Visit my blogs:

All you right as per your view . I want to summarize that what are qualities of good leader

he or she should be trustworthy so that people can follow him.
He or She is always enthusiastic about the cause of the people.
He or She has excellent logical and analytical skills.
He or She should always focus towards his goals, what he/she has envisioned for and promised to his people.
He or She is proactive and committed to excellence.
He or She inspires his team to achieve target and lead them to success
He or She always keeps a cool head in times of crises and finds solutions to get everybody out of any difficult situation

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

and also
He or She should try to be less corrupt and always place the nation and its people first rather than on concentrating on ways of how to win the next elections
hi everyone
I like to give one new suggestion.

In our educational system,ELECTIONS must be conducted to select students for any post in the school.From school leaders to class leaders, there must be a voting system to select the students.The system must be designed in such a way that the election procedure are similar to the real elections in the country.This will help to create awareness in students about our real democratic setup and elections conducted in India.Also the system must have nothing to do with political parties.Its 100% by the students and for the students.

Today we know, in most schools, leaders are selected by teachers.The more studious and hard working student is selected for both school leader and class leader post(most of the case).In our GD itself many of us have already supported the view that a person who is good at studies may not be a good leader.A good leader is the one who can manage well, who is loved by other students and who has the quality to lead(if possible, all the qualities Santosh listed).Such a student can become a leader only if students choose them by voting.

In my opinion this is 100% practical.A brief idea in school leader selection is like this-Any student who like to be a leader can submit nomination letter to principal.Once approved he/she is the candidate and they can campaign in school under their own name(no politics).At the day of election, in the morning assembly they have to give a speech on their future plans,once they are elected as a leader.After that, ballot paper with the school seal can be distributed in the each class and student can write the candidate name on it.Thus a true leader is selected.Here the role of teachers is only in counting!.

So by this method, a true leader or a mass leader come to limelight.Such students who have the real quality of becoming a leader are exposed and that will really motivate and improve the person.And maybe they even think of making their ambition, to become a real political leader of the country.
Abid,
Proper assessment of qualities of students helps the teachers and parents to show them a suitable path for them. Today's exam based educational system makes students to think that career means..

Only Engineer.. Or Doctor...

Fact is that 6.5 lakhs engineers are coming out from our colleges every year of which 70% are not getting a job as an engineer.

So, in our educational system, the student should be exposed to different streams of career so that he can choose one which is right for his taste and talent.. Their should be more career guidance programs from 10th level so that students will get enough time to analyse different careers...

Santosh,

A small correction..
He or she should be a model so that people can follow him..
He or she should be trustworthy so that people won't think twice to approach him...

Michael,
Leaders are rather concentrated on making their bank balance huge and confirming their win in next election. Only few leaders are not affected by the dirt of corruption.. Our education should make students to realise the value of being truthful...

MC,
In some schools leaders are selected through election process and in some colleges we have college senate, mock parliament etc. It should be made compulsory in schools and colleges so we can improve leadership qualities of the future of India...!!

MC,
In most colleges in my state the practice of election is similar to our general election.All the procedures like nomination submission,scrutinisation,campaigning,appointment of polling officers,election agents etc etc are going on.Last year in my college election even the ballot box was the original one that we use in general election!!So students get a real kick of election.

But I think there is a draw back in selecting a leader like this you told.The rival also may have good leadership qualities.So on defeating his qualities will get suppressed for the whole year.Am I right?

The practice followed in my daughter's school is that a boy leader and a girl leader will be there, appointed by class teacher.Their term is one month.Then another pair is tested.All the pairs selected will have some abilities and their performance after appointment also is assessed to select the best leader.I think it is a very good practice to find out the leadership qualities in all.

Visit my blogs:

Abid,
My entire focus is on schools or basic education.Yes, in colleges there is union elections and other elections, but that is usually mixed with political parties.In schools, most of the time, teachers select leaders according to their marks and thats what to be changed.

About the mentality of a student who get defeated, you are absolutely correct.I didn't think of that..But one thing is there.There can be more than one post.Like assistant school leader,Fine Arts secretary etc..So the disappointment will be less.Also, students must learn to accept the defeat, because its a very essential quality a leader in politics should have.Only such students who can accept the defeat, and who knows his qualities must come forward or will come forward.

About the class leader selection, thats a very good practice.But all i am against is the selection of students based on their marks.Most of teachers select students like that.But if it is one month rotation, its fine.Most of deserving one will get a chance.i too agree.And their leadership quality qualities can be assessed and improved.right..nice.
So it seems, the election is best in school level and not in class level.In fact, we know there is not much role for a class leader, but a school leader is much bigger.They must have the true quality and they must know the real election.Hope this system is made compulsory and next time no teacher's pet become a school leader!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.