The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I do not know how many people including those enthusiast about Valentine Day know much about st valentine and the origin of this day. This occasion was not known a few years back. This is of recent import and owes its popularity to the advertising and printing industry who do not want to ignore anything that may enhance their business.

Now we have everyday for one or the other occasion. even yesterday was Chocolate day. I am sure that we shall never have Chacha Tau or Bhua day as these relations are foreign to west.

Notwithstanding the fact that valentine day is foreign to Indian traditions, this has been adopted in India. In fact, the concept of Indian or foreign have lost meaning in global environment. Those who celebrate this day are happy. Also this does not harm any one. so let us welcome this just as we welcome New Year and Christmas, which are also western.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Though Valentine day is not ours but we made it as tradition.We celebrate this day whole heartily.we enjoy this day by wishing and by presenting a gift to our love.
we should know the significance of this day.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Leaving the conduct of two extremes - a section of irrational people who ususrp the role of 'Culture Police' if not 'Cultural Czars' and love to issue fiats to enforce their will on the masses and a section of lovers who make too much of it by being obtrusively demostrative,my mind rather seeks a valid explanation for this phenomenon - observing Valentine Day. Does a desire to proclaim our global citizenry work at the subliminal level in the minds of those who make it a point to express their love on this day! Frankly we don't have any dearth of icons in this respect.After all what best can inspire love than Taj Mahal and some of our legendary tales of love!!! And it's perfectly in order if someone looks beyond shores for inspiration!!
Valentine's day is a fine time to show your love to your beloved and on this day he or she can never refuse your proposal.
Ya its right we have not started this phenomenal occasion but now it is also celebrated like other festivals with full leverage
This is a very good topic for discussion point of view. According to me i think that Valentine's Evening is not to be a part of the any Western lifestyle. First of all can you say "What is this Western Culture? Every body response that Australia, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Turkey, UK, and the US these are the country that have a same type of western culture. To my opinion it is a day specialized in appearance of affection and love. on this day many people show their emotion to the beloved one.More over this day provide him to take their beloved one to some dating and they tell all their words in front of them.They have no barrier in between them.
Many group of people see this day as different type.Even political parties engaged in that day.So that they can caught a couple on this day and give a suitable punishment to them.This is really a wrong example set by them.they does not matter in what they try to develop India economy and make India a peaceful country They only Engaged in such a thing that has no meaning.It is a political parties who tell that this is a western culture. many people Celebrate Ganpati and Durga puja in different part of the countries.And at night they take drinks and other thing that is not allowed on that day.Government does not oppose such thing.They only show there force on a Valentine day.this Idea must be change.

I enjoy Valentine's Day time one of the most because it does not at all harm The type. It's just about expressing your love for individuals you love probably the most. By doing that we are not polluting drinking water, Polluting environment, creating no sound pollution.We celebrate it in a peacefull manner.So according to me this is one of the special event which has managed to exceed the particular superficial boundaries of intercourse, caste and religion.
This is a very good topic for discussion point of view. According to me i think that Valentine's Evening is not to be a part of the any Western lifestyle. First of all can you say "What is this Western Culture? Every body response that Australia, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Turkey, UK, and the US these are the country that have a same type of western culture. To my opinion it is a day specialized in appearance of affection and love. on this day many people show their emotion to the beloved one.More over this day provide him to take their beloved one to some dating and they tell all their words in front of them.They have no barrier in between them.
Many group of people see this day as different type.Even political parties engaged in that day.So that they can caught a couple on this day and give a suitable punishment to them.This is really a wrong example set by them.they does not matter in what they try to develop India economy and make India a peaceful country They only Engaged in such a thing that has no meaning.It is a political parties who tell that this is a western culture. many people Celebrate Ganpati and Durga puja in different part of the countries.And at night they take drinks and other thing that is not allowed on that day.Government does not oppose such thing.They only show there force on a Valentine day.this Idea must be change.

I enjoy Valentine's Day time one of the most because it does not at all harm The type. It's just about expressing your love for individuals you love probably the most. By doing that we are not polluting drinking water, Polluting environment, creating no sound pollution.We celebrate it in a peacefull manner.So according to me this is one of the special event which has managed to exceed the particular superficial boundaries of intercourse, caste and religion.

To the question whether Valentines day is western culture, we cannot reply in the negative. This is of western origin. However, there are many other practices of western origin. This is global world. We cannot confine ourselves to only that which is purely Indian. We speak in English, a language of western origin, wear European type dress, follow constitution and law that is on western pattern. Even the concept of democracy is of western origin.

We may oppose something if this is harmful. Valentine Day is of western origin but India has adopted this like many other things. This is certainly not harmful. The hooliganism against celebration of this occasion is undesirable.

Indians celebrate World woman's day, May day, Friendship day, Father's day, Mother's day and of course Fool day :laugh: . Then what is the problem with this 'Valentine's day' only?
Is it because, according to Indian culture, most parents or family don't allow their children to have lovers and they want them to be settled with arranged marriages only? I think this is the reason why so many are there to protest this day, in the name of love.
I think if it was named as a husband_wife day, then nobody will find a problem with this.
What do you say?

More things to say. But let anyone say his opinion on this point. :)

Meera sandhu
Indians celebrate World woman's day, May day, Friendship day, Father's day, Mother's day and of course Fool day :laugh: . Then what is the problem with this 'Valentine's day' only?
Is it because, according to Indian culture, most parents or family don't allow their children to have lovers and they want them to be settled with arranged marriages only? I think this is the reason why so many are there to protest this day, in the name of love.
I think if it was named as a husband_wife day, then nobody will find a problem with this.
What do you say?

More things to say. But let anyone say his opinion on this point. :)

There appears no case for opposing this for saving Indian culture. If this were so, there is no reason why only Shiva Sena and Bajrang Dal oppose this. There may be parents opposed to love making by their daughters or sons but this is family affair. The parents and their children may take their stand on celebrating this day but the organizations like Shiva Sena have no business to oppose or harass boys and girls celebrating this. The Shiva Sena and Bajrang Dal will not permit even husbands and wives to celebrate this western function.

"The Shiva Sena and Bajrang Dal will not permit even husbands and wives to celebrate this western function. "
It is really a bad thing. But I want to know whether they opposes Friendship day, Women's day or worker's day.
Gulshanji, can you tell something about this?

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.