My favourite travel destination will be within myself. It is the ultimate journey we need to make.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

My favorite travel destination would be a an Island as I always wanted to stay in an Island for a few days and walk around on it. Drink coconut juice from the coconut hanging on the trees. I would like to swim on the beach. 

My favourite travel destination would be a mountain, it would be fun to trek, watch birds and insects and feel the mountain breeze. Standing atop a mountain and watching a sunset/sunrise is an altogether different experience!!

Swetha Shenoy

I love to travel and each place you visit has its own special memories so it is very difficult to say which one is my favorite destination. But one place I have visited again and again and still has held the same attraction is Sakleshpur which is a small town in the Western Ghats just two hours drive from my town. It is a little piece of heaven with coffee estates, water falls, rivers , thick Forest, rolling hills and open spaces ..I must have visited it a hundred times so far ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Walking in the high mountains on the beaten trail is something I have done but long back. I would like to do it again. Sea coasts are also exciting to stand and and take in the vast ocean.

When I was in Rajasthan, my works took me to different villages. I enjoyed those experiences of chatting with the villagers and enjoying their hospitality. It was so peaceful and carefree life. Would love to visit that place again in future.

jabeen wrote:

When I was in Rajasthan, my works took me to different villages. I enjoyed those experiences of chatting with the villagers and enjoying their hospitality. It was so peaceful and carefree life. Would love to visit that place again in future.

Rather than the exotic locations, it is the unpretentious smaller villages and towns that leave a lasting impression on us ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

jabeen wrote:

No doubt life in village of Rajasthan is some tough but peaceful. Thanks for comments on my colorful state Rajasthan.

I am tempted to add another destination that has become one of my favorite destinations - Switzerland which is incomparable to any country in this world. There is a lot to explore and admire and some of the places not there on tourist tracks are magical ..for those interested , providing a link to the article I wrote on my travel experience to Switzerland .

https://www.boddunan.com/articles/travel-tourism-and-places/272-hot-destinations/21705-travel-diary-switzerland.html

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Rather than the exotic locations, it is the unpretentious smaller villages and towns that leave a lasting impression on us ..

That's true. Enjoying the company of unpretentious people can be very blissful. 

@ Anil, I ve many fond memories of Rajasthan ,about the people, food, culture etc. I think its a beautiful place

My favorite travel destination is a place where ancient Temples  are present, so that they enable me to sketch and Draw. their Temple Architectural beauty. I visited many places in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka including AP

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.