Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I would like to write about another novel that is really absorbing and makes an impact on the readers - The City Of Joy written by Dominique Lapierre a French born Author , who has written ' Is Paris Burning? ' and 'Is Newyork Burning' both critically acclaimed as great fiction.
City of Joy was written based on the experiences of the author during his frequent stays in Calcutta.

The author wrote the story based on three years of extensive research in Calcutta and various areas in Bengal.It is basically the story of Stephan Kovalski , a polish Catholic priest who wants to make a home to care for the poorest of the poor among the slum dwellers of Calcutta and finds life tough at the same time develops a love for the people and the dignity with which they led their lives amidst poverty..

In my opinion , one of the best books ever written on India that is realistic and hard hitting but not judgmental !

I had totally forgotten this one but thanks for the reminder. Yes, it is totally great book and like you said, truly realistic and nonjudgmental book written by a foreigner.

"Time Machine" by H G Wells is a very small book but with a loud message.
Thank you said by: mohan manohar, Kalyani Nandurkar
I would like to write about another novel that is really absorbing and makes an impact on the readers - The City Of Joy written by Dominique Lapierre a French born Author , who has written ' Is Paris Burning? ' and 'Is Newyork Burning' both critically acclaimed as great fiction.
City of Joy was written based on the experiences of the author during his frequent stays in Calcutta.

The author wrote the story based on three years of extensive research in Calcutta and various areas in Bengal.It is basically the story of Stephan Kovalski , a polish Catholic priest who wants to make a home to care for the poorest of the poor among the slum dwellers of Calcutta and finds life tough at the same time develops a love for the people and the dignity with which they led their lives amidst poverty..

In my opinion , one of the best books ever written on India that is realistic and hard hitting but not judgmental !

I had totally forgotten this one but thanks for the reminder. Yes, it is totally great book and like you said, truly realistic and nonjudgmental book written by a foreigner.

Time Machine, was the book ,I inherited from my father's library when I was very young. Though I could not understand it fully at that tender age,later I found it to be absorbing.

Time Machine, was the book ,I inherited from my father's library when I was very young. Though I could not understand it fully at that tender age,later I found it to be absorbing.

These days they do not write books like Leon Uris novels especially like Mila 18, full of reseach and written with compassion.

These days they do not write books like Leon Uris novels especially like Mila 18, full of reseach and written with compassion.

It's not that good books are not being written, For an avid reader,with a thirst for reading, they are there always.

It's not that good books are not being written, For an avid reader,with a thirst for reading, they are there always.

Could you suggest some for consideration.

The story of my Marriage by Chetan Bhagat. 3 Mistakes of my life by the same author to name a few.

This book is available for free as e book in project Gutenberg and it is a trend setter as this author focuses mostly on time travel through machines. His books mostly on scientific romance with mixture of fiction and fantasy.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

The story of my Marriage by Chetan Bhagat. 3 Mistakes of my life by the same author to name a few.

They are good books and light to read, but they are not in the class of books by authors like Leon Uris or Irving Wallace whose one book you are currently reading which are well researched. Bhagat's books are not researched but are immensely popular and one reason is their very low price which is a good marketing technique.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

They are good books and light to read, but they are not in the class of books by authors like Leon Uris or Irving Wallace whose one book you are currently reading which are well researched. Bhagat's books are not researched but are immensely popular and one reason is their very low price which is a good marketing technique.

We are talking about Books Of your Choice. Not class or Mass books. These are my choice Books.

We are talking about Books Of your Choice. Not class or Mass books. These are my choice Books.

I respect your choice. I was only trying to bring out that some authors write with lot of research and their books become a far more pleasure to read and leave an impression on one's mind. This does not devalue other authors or their lovers in any way.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.