Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Fredrick Frosyth was another brilliant story writer. His Day of Jackal was made into a picture and tells the true (?) story of an attempt to assassinate the then French President de gaulle. by the terrorist code named Jackal.(who was arrested many years later by French police)
Fredrick Frosyth was another brilliant story writer. His Day of Jackal was made into a picture and tells the true (?) story of an attempt to assassinate the then French President de gaulle. by the terrorist code named Jackal.(who was arrested many years later by French police)

It was a brilliant book and the movie too was very well made with Edward Fox playing the role of jackal brilliantly...The same goes for Odessa file. Forsythe's later novels too like Avenger, The Dogs of war, Devils alternative, The negotiator and Cobra which dealt extensively with Columbian cocaine trade was very interesting...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It was a brilliant book and the movie too was very well made with Edward Fox playing the role of jackal brilliantly...The same goes for Odessa file. Forsythe's later novels too like Avenger, The Dogs of war, Devils alternative, The negotiator and Cobra which dealt extensively with Columbian cocaine trade was very interesting...

I liked Dogs of War and Negotiator.

I have read all of these Forsythe's books, I especially liked his The Dogs of War the best!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I too like Frederick Forsythes style of writing and the extensive rsearch that goes into his writings ..
Another book that I must mention is Roots written by Alex Haley which is autobiographical since the author traces his roots to Africa...The slave trade and its effects on the black people is very touching and in my opinion this is one of the best novels ever written, a must read ! It was also filmed in the seventies ...There was some controversy about copywrights but was later settled amicably!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
I too like Frederick Forsythes style of writing and the extensive rsearch that goes into his writings ..
Another book that I must mention is Roots written by Alex Haley which is autobiographical since the author traces his roots to Africa...The slave trade and its effects on the black people is very touching and in my opinion this is one of the best novels ever written, a must read ! It was also filmed in the seventies ...There was some controversy about copywrights but was later settled amicably!

I have heard about it but did not read, now will definitely try to get the book!

I like Forsyth's long stretched narative sentence style which gives lead about future course of events. He always focuses on facts.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Among the Indian authors Vikram Seth is someone whose name can never be forgotten because of his novels. I have read his first novel The Golden Gate and also A Suitable boy which won the Booker's award , is a mega novel with 1350 pages but keeps you glued because of the intricate and interesting narrative,
The story is set in 1949 and therafter when India is adjusting to its new role as an independant nation and amidst all the confusion and life style adjustments romance blooms between a muslim boy and a hindu girl...This is a very beautifully written novel worth its Booker's award ( 1994)...thoroughly enjoyable and very witty in parts !

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Amongst books written by Indian authors I liked Amruta Pritam's Pinjar a lot and The Inscrutable Americans by Anurag Mathur a lot!

Pinjar revolves around the life of a young girl who has been kidnapped by a Muslim family and she is forever separated from her family and fiance when the country divides and she remains in Pakistan. A very heartwrenching tale beautifully told!

Amongst books written by Indian authors I liked Amruta Pritam's Pinjar a lot and The Inscrutable Americans by Anurag Mathur a lot!

Pinjar revolves around the life of a young girl who has been kidnapped by a Muslim family and she is forever separated from her family and fiance when the country divides and she remains in Pakistan. A very heartwrenching tale beautifully told!

I have read Pinjar and yes she is a very effective author ...There have been many good indian authors before and now ..
Ashok Kumar Banker is another great Indian author who has written The Ramayana in a modern style so that the today generation is able to grasp it in six parts, very well written.
I confess that Ramayana is not my favorite epic like Mahabharat is , because I see Rama as a person who was very rigid and partial in his views all round...but this book tries to soften the character by giving a different perspective to and insight to it ! worth reading since Ashok Banker's style of writing is innovative !

Thank you said by: mohan manohar, Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.