Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Chicken Soup Series are a set of Books. They are the compilation of works of different eminent Authors like Jack Canfield. Mark Victor Hansen, Martin Rutt and several others. These series are replete with poignant experiences about ordinary men and women who touch other lives in an extraordinary way with their exemplary acts of kindness, caring and love.
I read the “Chicken Soup for the soul at work” earlier. The other series like Chicken soup for the kids soul, Chicken soup for teenage soul etc are fortunately available in my Library. I’ll go for them.

I too have read a couple of them and they are good, they come under the category of feel good books and some of them are really effective i the sense they can impact your views and thinking process since most of them are based on experience and reality ..

The best part of these books are, they are short and sweet, backed up by good cartoons. Another aspect is these books is, "They are not just read and put back in the shelf." they have that "Rereading" value. When I'm low, I read these books.

True ! I too have quite a few such books which are very helpful...one that I particular ly liked was Peaks and valleys written by Spencer Johnson, was very inspiring and made you think..

The problem with me is i do not remember about some great Books read years ago. Now your thread is helping me recollect such books. One of them is "Old Man and the sea" by Ernest Hemingway. A short book that made an indelible mark on my Heart. I have seen the movie also. Spencer Tracy's portrayal as the old man was superb.

Old man and the sea is a very good book indeed. I too enjoyed reading it. Another book with somewhat similar theme is Mobydick by Herman Melville. It is a very interesting book which tells the story of a man's determination to catch a particular sperm whale which had destroyed his ship and one knee in their earlier encounter. The writer has written in a very detail manner that it becomes very interesting
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Old man and the sea is a nice read, it was story of aging fisherman santiago and this book got nobel prize for literature in 1954 and the author hemingway's one of best book.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I also immensely enjoyed and was impressed by reading their autobiographies 'My Experiments with Truth' by Mahatama Gandhi and An Autobiography' by Jawaharlal Nehru, two of the leaders of our struggle for freedom. The frankness and sincerety with which they write is simply infectious.
Old man and the sea is a nice read, it was story of aging fisherman santiago and this book got nobel prize for literature in 1954 and the author hemingway's one of best book.

And the movie made based on this won an Oscar for Spencer Tracy , the lead character. It's speciality lies in the fact, the movie is full of monologues and I relished all the monologues.
Daphne Du Maurier is another Classic writer who has written some great books..I loved reading her Jamaica Inn , also saw the old B/W film .Another novel Rebecca written by her , we have already discussed earlier.
Jamaica Inn is a very absorbing story involving a young orphaned girl who lives with her uncle and aunt at Jamaica Inn and her horrific experiences with ship wreckers and murderers . The story was set in Cornwal a very beautiful part of England and Jamaica Inn , a pub which inspired the author to write this book is still there ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Daphne Du Maurier is another Classic writer who has written some great books..I loved reading her Jamaica Inn , also saw the old B/W film .Another novel Rebecca written by her , we have already discussed earlier.
Jamaica Inn is a very absorbing story involving a young orphaned girl who lives with her uncle and aunt at Jamaica Inn and her horrific experiences with ship wreckers and murderers . The story was set in Cornwal a very beautiful part of England and Jamaica Inn , a pub which inspired the author to write this book is still there ..

Seems quite interesting, I had not heard of this before, will try to get it now! My list is truly increasing now! :laugh: :) :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Seems quite interesting, I had not heard of this before, will try to get it now! My list is truly increasing now! :laugh: :) :)

Same here , I too have been getting quite a few new books through here ....Talking about Daphne Du maurier, there is a dark foreboding atmosphere created in most of her books that makes them very comelling !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

Same here , I too have been getting quite a few new books through here ....Talking about Daphne Du maurier, there is a dark foreboding atmosphere created in most of her books that makes them very comelling !

True...the atmosphere in her books is so mysterious and dark filled with shadows that one gets shivers down the spine while reading them.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: mohan manohar, usha manohar
The stranger from Albert Camus, one of my favorite novel, it was one of brilliant absurd novel which defines life as it is, it is about existential philosophy and looking earthly matter in most normal way, the write believes we are born to die and did not believe in any higher power. It is a great read.

http://mohanmekap.com/

The stranger from Albert Camus, one of my favorite novel, it was one of brilliant absurd novel which defines life as it is, it is about existential philosophy and looking earthly matter in most normal way, the write believes we are born to die and did not believe in any higher power. It is a great read.

I had not heard of this book nor the author so far mohan, thanks a lot for introducing it here ... :) , will look up on the net !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.