The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:

We can say the same about Australia too. They haven't lost any match due to rain but I would say if the match today is called of or shortened today, it will be a great loss for Indian team. India will remain in 4th position but Pakistan will go up at 5th or 6th from its 9th position right now.

I think this tournament should get a new name  World Cup>>>> Rain Cup  

Indians are rain-dancing in India for rain here but Indians are reverse rain dancing in England.

Thankfully not much rain and we had almost a complete game. Vijay should improve his batting considerably, but since this was his first match in World cup that too against Pakistan, may be he was rusty and nervous.

The way Shankar & Hardik bowled to compensate Bhuvi was heartening to see.

Also the spinners should be coming to the party more often with each match passing by, as the pitch will wear out to assist spinners more.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Team India played well against Pakistan and Pakistan flopped in all fields. In absence of Dhwan Rahul play well and gave a good start to India. Bhuvi  sustained injury so he will not play in this tournament. I am hopping Sahmmi will play in next match. Next match is with Afganistan so it may be possible to give chance to Jadeja and Pant. 

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

I am disappointed for Bhuvi, he is one of our best bet in English conditions and he was doing a great job before he got hurt. I hope he recovers fast or we shall have to look for his alternative too. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

I am disappointed for Bhuvi, he is one of our best bet in English conditions and he was doing a great job before he got hurt. I hope he recovers fast or we shall have to look for his alternative too. 

I read in news paper that he can't play in tournament. In remaining match of this tournament Shammi will play is place of Bhuvi. In future Vijay Shankar may be good alternative of Bhuvi.

anil wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I read in news paper that he can't play in tournament. In remaining match of this tournament Shammi will play is place of Bhuvi. In future Vijay Shankar may be good alternative of Bhuvi.

Bhuvi is out for a maximum of 3 games. Shami will replace him, in worst case scenario where Bhuvi is ruled out of the tournament, Khaleel will be the replacement. As of now Bhuvi is out for a maximum of 3 games.

It is good that Shami will get a chance against a side like Afghanistan in his first game. It will get him some time to get into his rythm.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

suni51 wrote:

I think Bhuvi bowled economically but was not able to take wickets as much as he is expected to. It is good that now Shami will get his chance and it will test the bench strength.

However I hope Bhuvi becomes fit as soon as possible as in an overcast condition he can prove to be useful, though he hasn't fired in such intensity as is expected from him.

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee
anil wrote:

Team India played well against Pakistan and Pakistan flopped in all fields. In absence of Dhwan Rahul play well and gave a good start to India. Bhuvi  sustained injury so he will not play in this tournament. I am hopping Sahmmi will play in next match. Next match is with Afganistan so it may be possible to give chance to Jadeja and Pant. 

Pant is just a back up player who is not travelling with the team yet as far as I know, but I think yes, bench strength can be tested against Afghanistan. Jadeja especially can be drafted into the playing eleven as he has fielded superbly when he came in as substitute any time and it tells that he is hungry to perform.

epraneeth77 wrote:
anil wrote:

Pant is just a back up player who is not travelling with the team yet as far as I know, but I think yes, bench strength can be tested against Afghanistan. Jadeja especially can be drafted into the playing eleven as he has fielded superbly when he came in as substitute any time and it tells that he is hungry to perform.

As far as I know, after Dhawan's injury the team management asked Pant to come to England immediately as a cover. At present Pant is with the team and practicing. However, I guess there's no urgent plan of drafting him in the playing XI. It all depends on the recovery time of Dhawan.

Yes I agree with you that Jadeja can find a place against Afghanistan. However, I am feeling curious, who do you think Jadeja should replace in the team ?

Saurav Banerjee wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
anil wrote:

As far as I know, after Dhawan's injury the team management asked Pant to come to England immediately as a cover. At present Pant is with the team and practicing. However, I guess there's no urgent plan of drafting him in the playing XI. It all depends on the recovery time of Dhawan.

Yes I agree with you that Jadeja can find a place against Afghanistan. However, I am feeling curious, who do you think Jadeja should replace in the team ?

I have read in a news article that Pant is not yet travelling with the team, he is in England and practising but not with the team and the dressing room.

anil wrote:
suni51 wrote:

After the Pakistan Match, in an interview Kohli said that Bhuvi has suffered a hamstring niggle and he expects him to be fine soon within a few games.

Vijay Shankar can never be a good alternative for someone as classy as Bhuvi in the long run. Shankar although performed well against Pakistan, is still a bits and pieces back up bowler.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.