The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Good news all the way for Team India ! Dhawan and Kohli back in tremendous form with the bat. A thumping victory for India over the much fancied Aussies, and Bhuvi shines with the ball as well. India next faces New Zealand on Thursday 13th June.

Saurav Banerjee wrote:

I believe Australia are the favorites in today's match against India. This is mainly because of their recent form and their convincing victories in the last ODI series played between the two nations on Indian soil itself. Australia came back from being 0-2 down to eventually clinch the series 3-2. To beat India on their home turf and that too without the services of key players like Smith, Warner and Starc, will give Aussies enough confidence going into today's match. However, I am sure India have their own plans to blunt the Aussie threat.

I also felt the same way. But India played very professionally right from the beginning.

While India were batting good, I expected them to score 350 or about 370 though the commentators were saying 280 was a good score as I felt the pitch was better than told by the commentators.

But still it would have been good had India chased a target. That would have been a big boost for them.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

suni51 wrote:

In my views if Australians have an upper hand the only reason is that our openers are in uncertain form. While Rohit hit a good century in previous match Dhavan's form is not in the best of his form lately. He is going through a bad phase which is matter of concern and so is Virat who is not playing his usual self for some time now. Maybe his his confidence level has gone down after IPL thrashing.

Thankfully Dhawan has come back to form, or atleast played a great knock for India in the match.

Even I felt that Virat is not playing his usual self from some time now. Even the knock of 82 is not showing that class which he used to show sometime back. He doesn't look that dangerous or invincible for the time being. 

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

India batting delivered the goods at all stages which was the highlight of the match. Knocks from Pandya, Dhoni & Rahul were the knocks which are required everytime for India in the final statges.

India never batted like that in the final overs for some years now. But yesterday Batting performance was a treat to watch.

In the next match, New Zealand is facing its first real test while India is facing it's 2nd real test.

I think New Zealand have an upper hand because of their all rounders and good bowling. But since they have played not that good teams till now India may win.

Winning this match against New Zealand means more or less India has confirmed its semi finals birth as it can win against Srilanka, Afghanistan and one other team.

epraneeth77 wrote:
suni51 wrote:

In my views if Australians have an upper hand the only reason is that our openers are in uncertain form. While Rohit hit a good century in previous match Dhavan's form is not in the best of his form lately. He is going through a bad phase which is matter of concern and so is Virat who is not playing his usual self for some time now. Maybe his his confidence level has gone down after IPL thrashing.

Thankfully Dhawan has come back to form, or atleast played a great knock for India in the match.

Even I felt that Virat is not playing his usual self from some time now. Even the knock of 82 is not showing that class which he used to show sometime back. He doesn't look that dangerous or invincible for the time being. 

It is right that Kohli is not playing his usual game but it is my believe that his bat will not remains silent for more days. In last match with Australia all batsmen give their contribution. 

Now the World Cup is at the mercy of Rain God. Now any team can top the leader board depending on rain interuption. We have already seen three No Result match so far and many more to come.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee
suni51 wrote:

Now the World Cup is at the mercy of Rain God. Now any team can top the leader board depending on rain interuption. We have already seen three No Result match so far and many more to come.

I completely agree with you. So far three out of sixteen matches has been abandoned. This is becoming extremely frustrating for both the cricketers and fans. The world cup comes once in four years. Therefore, it's hard to believe why the organizers have not taken into account of reserve days, especially, when the world cup is being played in a country like England which is prone for intermittent rains throughout the year. I feel reserve days are a must for a big and a long tournament like this, and the organizers must not think about their own hassles only.

Now Rain is in the top position with 8 Points from 4 matches, next come New Zealand, Australia & India.

Rain is looking ominious at the moment and it will not be a surprise if it usurps the Trophy this year!

Ah well said !!! Rain may very well end up as the champions of this edition of the world cup. I cannot recall any world cup where so many matches have got abandoned because of rain. And still it's only the first phase of the tournament that is underway. So, obviously we can expect more and more rain hit matches as the tournament progresses.

epraneeth77 wrote:

Now Rain is in the top position with 8 Points from 4 matches, next come New Zealand, Australia & India.

Rain is looking ominious at the moment and it will not be a surprise if it usurps the Trophy this year!

Yesterday I finished my on line work before 3 PM because I want to watch full ,match. I wait for it till the match aborted. It disappointed me. Now India have match with Pakistan on Sunday. It is hottest match of tournament. I am praying that there will  no rain on Sunday.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.