Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I like Syam Benegal's movies. With his movies Ankur , Nishant, manthan and Bhumika, , a new genre has started known as New wave Movies. All of these movies are the show cases of extraordinary  aspects Movie making.

usha manohar wrote:
Lopamudra wrote:

Taare zameen par was a touching film and a thought provoking one too. Among the more recent films, I liked Barfi and Kahani. For a change I don't mind the leave your Brain behind and enjoy kinda films as well..Chennai Express was fun.Lot of good Bengali films are also being made these days. Byomkesh Bakshi ,mystry movies are interesting.  I go for the ones which are suitable for my 10 year old son as well. I still like watching old classic English films on CD like 10 commandments , Those magnificent men and their flying machines, Laurence of Arabia etc.. 

Have you watched Chitty chitty bang bang,,I am sure your son would live it ...It has become a cult film in my house with my children watching it even now.

I have watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang but never shown it to my son, forgotten it till now, thanks for the reminder, Although I do watch Wall-E, The Sound of Music, The Lion King etc. with him and we both enjoy it a lot. Apart from the movies I can watch with my son, I love to watch movies like Courage Under Fire, A Few Good Men etc. Recently, I saw Interstellar, which also is a great movie.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Lopamudra wrote:

Taare zameen par was a touching film and a thought provoking one too. Among the more recent films, I liked Barfi and Kahani. For a change I don't mind the leave your Brain behind and enjoy kinda films as well..Chennai Express was fun.Lot of good Bengali films are also being made these days. Byomkesh Bakshi ,mystry movies are interesting.  I go for the ones which are suitable for my 10 year old son as well. I still like watching old classic English films on CD like 10 commandments , Those magnificent men and their flying machines, Laurence of Arabia etc.. 

Have you watched Chitty chitty bang bang,,I am sure your son would live it ...It has become a cult film in my house with my children watching it even now.

I have watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang but never shown it to my son, forgotten it till now, thanks for the reminder, Although I do watch Wall-E, The Sound of Music, The Lion King etc. with him and we both enjoy it a lot. Apart from the movies I can watch with my son, I love to watch movies like Courage Under Fire, A Few Good Men etc. Recently, I saw Interstellar, which also is a great movie.

Same here, lol..I too have watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang but didn't get a chance to show it to my son yet and would love to do so. Lion King, Jungle Book,The Sound of Music , Happy Feet are some of the films we keep watching together. 

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Lopamudra wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Lopamudra wrote:

Same here, lol..I too have watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang but didn't get a chance to show it to my son yet and would love to do so. Lion King, Jungle Book,The Sound of Music , Happy Feet are some of the films we keep watching together. 

That's great lopamudra! If he likes robots, watch Wall-E with him , I am sure you will both like the movie. It is a very beautiful movie that will help teach your son the importance of planting trees in a very sensitive and beautiful manner.

Thank you said by: Lopamudra
usha manohar wrote:
Lopamudra wrote:

Burfi and Khani both are classical films. Some low budget films not popular but they are good one. 'I am Klam' is one of them. Watch it, it is story of a child.

There are many Hindi as well as Bengali movies which are my favourites. I like serious movies and even light hearted ones but ultimately there has to be a message and good music. I would like to take two names just because one is a very recent movie which has touched my heart very deeply that is 'Piku'.

Another film is 'Khoobsurat' of Rekha which was released in 1980. This movie taught me many important lessons while I was only a school student then. It taught me that loving bond within the family can always help to maintain discipline but if family is controlled with extreme strictness then the sweetness of love goes missing. Every heart wants to rebel because laughter can strengthen a bond and not dictatorship. Another point was very rightly pointed out in the film that we should not take light hearted people as useless and irresponsible. To be responsible there is no need to be a strict person and it showcased that lively people can also have heart full of feeling.

Rekha was brilliant, and, who can ever forget Ashok Kumar and Dina Pathak's performance? It was just superb. Usually, each and every movie of Hrishikesh Mukherjee is wonderful but this one is very special to me because of its extraordinary dialogues which make me watch it again and again.

shampasaid

Some of the films that were made with the popular formula were good ...I loved all films made by Nasir Husaain with Asha Parekh ,Shammi Kappr, Joy Mukherji and Biswajeet . Nasir Hussain made perfect entertainers that had melodious, foot tapping music by O P Nayyar or Shankar Jaikishen and had charming lead players ! 

One of my favorite Nasir Hussain's movie was Teesri Manzil, directed by Vijay Anand and music scored by R D Burman.The songs were all chart busters and the Shammi Kapoor Aaha Parekh pairing was perfect.They made a boisterous , romantic and lovable couple ! he suspense was beautifully handled and the songs especially O haseena zulfowali was beautifully choreographed. In fact the songs were the highlight of this very well made film ! Definitely worth watching 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Lopamudra wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Lopamudra wrote:

That's great lopamudra! If he likes robots, watch Wall-E with him , I am sure you will both like the movie. It is a very beautiful movie that will help teach your son the importance of planting trees in a very sensitive and beautiful manner.

Thanks a ton for the suggestion, Kalyani. watched Wall-E with my son on you tube yesterday. Very beautiful it is and both of us enjoyed it thoroughly. Thanks again!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Lopamudra wrote:

Burfi and Khani both are classical films. Some low budget films not popular but they are good one. 'I am Klam' is one of them. Watch it, it is story of a child.

I've seen I'm Kalam. Actually had shown it our children in the school Auditorium a couple of years back. Wonderful movie !

Lopamudra wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Lopamudra wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Lopamudra wrote:

Thanks a ton for the suggestion, Kalyani. watched Wall-E with my son on you tube yesterday. Very beautiful it is and both of us enjoyed it thoroughly. Thanks again!

You are welcome Lopamudra. Whenever you find time, watch 'Up' with him. That too is another great movie my son likes to watch. Beautiful movie with beautiful story and content.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.