Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

The Guns of Navarone - Based on the Battle of Leros during the WW-II adapted from the novel of same name by Alistair Maclean. Those who are into WW-II films really should watch this movie.

It is about a group of six soldiers who travel through arduous waters of the Aegean Sea near Turkey to take down the mighty guns employed by the Germans on the island of Navarone. The guns are proving detrimental to the Royal Navy to rescue their 2000 odd soldiers who are marooned and are unable to be rescued due to the superguns. The film has superb acting by Gregory Peck, David Niven, Anthony Quayle, Anthony Quinn and Irene Papas. A powerful acting by all, a must see for Gregory Peck fans. I especially loved the magnificent scenes towards the end of the film in which after the group successfully decommission the guns and send signal for the Royal Navy to act further. The breathtaking panorama seen from the island open up to the vast sea which is filled up with hundreds of ships of the Royal Navy.

To top it all, the theme song of the movie is beautiful, You have to listen to it to love it.

Islands of Greece are green and beautiful
Green and beautiful,
Where the olive trees grow
In the field below,
But high on the cliffs the guns are hidden there,
Guns are hidden there,
In a cavern of stone,
Guns of Navarone

One of my favorites too...I have always loved watching Gregory Peck .There was another equally interesting adventure film of the same kind Where Eagles Dare , very entertaining and a real thriller..

I remember, i have seen long ago "Roman holiday directed  and produced by William Wyler. Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn were in the leading roles. It was only after seeing this movie I have seen AVM's Chori Chori in which Raj kapoor and Nargis played lead roles. And Chori Chori was based on Roman Holiday.

Roman Holidays is a true classic romantic film...But the film Chori chori was based on the hollywood film 'It happened one night' which had Clark Gable in the lead...

Chori Chori is an unofficial remake of the Hollywood movie It happened one night and Roman Holiday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chori_Chori

rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

The Guns of Navarone - Based on the Battle of Leros during the WW-II adapted from the novel of same name by Alistair Maclean. Those who are into WW-II films really should watch this movie.

It is about a group of six soldiers who travel through arduous waters of the Aegean Sea near Turkey to take down the mighty guns employed by the Germans on the island of Navarone. The guns are proving detrimental to the Royal Navy to rescue their 2000 odd soldiers who are marooned and are unable to be rescued due to the superguns. The film has superb acting by Gregory Peck, David Niven, Anthony Quayle, Anthony Quinn and Irene Papas. A powerful acting by all, a must see for Gregory Peck fans. I especially loved the magnificent scenes towards the end of the film in which after the group successfully decommission the guns and send signal for the Royal Navy to act further. The breathtaking panorama seen from the island open up to the vast sea which is filled up with hundreds of ships of the Royal Navy.

To top it all, the theme song of the movie is beautiful, You have to listen to it to love it.

Green and beautiful,
In the field below,
Guns are hidden there,
In a cavern of stone,
Guns of Navarone

One of my favorites too...I have always loved watching Gregory Peck .There was another equally interesting adventure film of the same kind Where Eagles Dare , very entertaining and a real thriller..

I remember, i have seen long ago "Roman holiday directed  and produced by William Wyler. Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn were in the leading roles. It was only after seeing this movie I have seen AVM's Chori Chori in which Raj kapoor and Nargis played lead roles. And Chori Chori was based on Roman Holiday.

Roman Holidays is a true classic romantic film...But the film Chori chori was based on the hollywood film 'It happened one night' which had Clark Gable in the lead...

Chori Chori is an unofficial remake of the Hollywood movie It happened one night and Roman Holiday.

I have seen both the films It happened one night and Roman Holidays and Chori Chori is a scene by scene copy of It happened one night...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Green and beautiful,
In the field below,
Guns are hidden there,
In a cavern of stone,
Guns of Navarone

I have seen both the films It happened one night and Roman Holidays and Chori Chori is a scene by scene copy of It happened one night...

I have seen only Roman Holiday but not It happened one night. If that is so, you are the best judge. But one thing you agree with me that Chori Chori is a Musical extravaganza. Especially Yeh Raat Bheegi Bheegi song. SJ immortalized themselves with this movie Chori Chori.

rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Green and beautiful,
In the field below,
Guns are hidden there,
In a cavern of stone,
Guns of Navarone

I have seen only Roman Holiday but not It happened one night. If that is so, you are the best judge. But one thing you agree with me that Chori Chori is a Musical extravaganza. Especially Yeh Raat Bheegi Bheegi song. SJ immortalized themselves with this movie Chori Chori.

I agree Chori Chori had some of the best musical score by SJ ..Panchi banoo udthi phiroo and of course the three Mannadey - Lata duets picturised on Nargis and Raj Kapoor. also not to forget Rasik Balma ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Green and beautiful,
In the field below,
Guns are hidden there,
In a cavern of stone,
Guns of Navarone

I agree Chori Chori had some of the best musical score by SJ ..Panchi banoo udthi phiroo and of course the three Mannadey - Lata duets picturised on Nargis and Raj Kapoor. also not to forget Rasik Balma ..

Among the three Lata _ Manadey duets I love "Aaja Sanam Madhur chandini... in which SJ uses liberally his favorite Musical instrument Accordion. Actually the song starts with the Accordion notes.

I appreciate movie 'Jagriti' informed by @ Suny, brilliant movie, how rogued students are set it right by a tremendous talented teacher, what a movie indeed, I forgot that name and thanks for this reference to this movie, master piece, in the end when he was transferred every students are crying, and the song mentioned is what a beautiful one, am still searching for such movies, the most wicked student was now his admirer, requested him to reconsider his decision to leave the school, and the teacher abhi bhatacharya smiling told him he has to go here as the future generations of India needs to be taught and his mission here is accomplished. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

Movies like Jagriti are the need of the hour. The movie has some patriotic songs written by Kavi Pradeep which should be known to all the younger generation to know what Indian heritage is.

I rarely watch Hindi or Indian films and concentrate on Hollywood films which also I see of and on only.  However I see foreign films while abroad  which are banned in India  like "  Last temptation of Jesus Christ"  and "Nine hours to Rama" an account of Godse and Gandhi killing.

I saw the " The Great Gatsby" where Amitabh has a wonderful 10 minute role. Simply wonderful !!!

MG Singh wrote:

I saw the " The Great Gatsby" where Amitabh has a wonderful 10 minute role. Simply wonderful !!!

I too have seen the new film and the old one as well with Robert redford...Amitabhs role was ok ...But the film itself is a masterpiece...It is energetic but highly depressing as well but definitely worth a watch for the performances esp De Capiros' and the direction..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.