Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I wonder if any one of you saw Baazar acted by Naseeruddin Shah, Farooq Shaikh, Smita Patil and Supriya Pathak based on infamous stories of bride buying by Arabian Shaikhs from India especially Hyderabad. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Sure Sunil. I have seen Bazaar directed by Sagar Sarhadi, Music set by Khayyam. The stars are Farroq Sheikh, Naseeruddin Shaw, Smita patil and Supriya Pathak.

The Backdrop of the movie was Hyderabad.. The story highlights the social issue of Bride selling to the rich Sheikhs of the Gulf. The entire movie was a classic but failed at the Box office.

suni51 wrote:

I wonder if any one of you saw Baazar acted by Naseeruddin Shah, Farooq Shaikh, Smita Patil and Supriya Pathak based on infamous stories of bride buying by Arabian Shaikhs from India especially Hyderabad. 

Yes of course, I have seen it too...hard hitting realistic film . It was very touching too...definitely worth watching !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Dekh Lo Aaj Humko Jee Bhar ke, a composition by Khayyam and rendition by Jagjit Kaur and another singer, whose name i failed to recollect mirrros the vintage glory of Hyderabad. Indeed an unforgettable movie. I failed to see in the first release. Later after many years I happened to see it in Hyderabad itself sitting in an almost empty cinema hall.

Dev Anands films were all very entertaining with good music and classy ! I personally feel that his double act in Hum Dono though criticized at the time of its release was one of his best films ever ! Nanda and Sadhana play the two leading ladies and the story revolves around the chinese war and the switching of roles by Dev Anand who plays a major and a civilian in his double role. The film was very well made and had some very melodious songs composed by Jaidev - Allah tero naam, Mein zindgi ka saath nibhatha, abhi na jao chod kar...etc..

One of those old black and white films that is definitely worth watching !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Dev Anands films were all very entertaining with good music and classy ! I personally feel that his double act in Hum Dono though criticized at the time of its release was one of his best films ever ! Nanda and Sadhana play the two leading ladies and the story revolves around the chinese war and the switching of roles by Dev Anand who plays a major and a civilian in his double role. The film was very well made and had some very melodious songs composed by Jaidev - Allah tero naam, Mein zindgi ka saath nibhatha, abhi na jao chod kar...etc..

One of those old black and white films that is definitely worth watching !

Among the Dev's movies, my favorite is Guide. Burman da's music,waheeda's impeccable acting will make the viewers stick to their seats. Rafi's rendition of Kya se kya hogaya and Lata's, kaanton se Seench Ke Aanchal are simply unforgettable.

It wouldn't be out of place to mention one of my sweet memories connected with Guide. In those days i was a musician playing percussion instrument ranging fro Jazz drums to Duff. My musical group was sent to Indo - Pak border to entertain the Jawans during Indo -Pak war. The song that was played mostly on the request of our Jawans was, "Kanton Se Seench Ke Ye Aanchal ". I used to follow the singer with my Duff. Great days.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

I am proud to say, I have watched every movie of Devanand and my first one was Asali Naqli with Sadhna I watched as a kid with parents. I did not understand it much for the first time but when I saw it again 10-12 years later I was really impressed. I can still remember the songs esp the one sung by Sadhna, Lakh chupao chup na sakega.

suni51 wrote:

I am proud to say, I have watched every movie of Devanand and my first one was Asali Naqli with Sadhna I watched as a kid with parents. I did not understand it much for the first time but when I saw it again 10-12 years later I was really impressed. I can still remember the songs esp the one sung by Sadhna, Lakh chupao chup na sakega.

I think I too have watched most of Dev Anand's films, my own favorites being Jaal, Hum dono , Joshila,Kala Bazar, Guide and Kala pani...By the way Asli Naqli too was a good film , well directed by Hrishikesh Mukherji ..the song was however piccturised on actress Sandya...Tera mera pyar amar was picturised on Sadhana

Thank you said by: suni51
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I think I too have watched most of Dev Anand's films, my own favorites being Jaal, Hum dono , Joshila,Kala Bazar, Guide and Kala pani...By the way Asli Naqli too was a good film , well directed by Hrishikesh Mukherji ..the song was however piccturised on actress Sandya...Tera mera pyar amar was picturised on Sadhana

Asli Naqli is a musical extravaganza. The music directors are Shanker jaikishen, the famous hit pair of yesteryear. My favorite songs in this movie are Tujhe Jeevan Ki dor se Baandhliya sung by Rafi and Lata, Cheda Mera Dil Ne Tarana Koi Pyaar ka a solo by Rafi among others

usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Yes, i think youre right. I guess she was teasing Sadhna for being in love. If I remember right Dev played poor mans role to impress the heroin and was in trouble later. Thanks for correcting me.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.