Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Dev anand a look alike of Hollywood heart beat Gregory Peck was a Romantic comedy film directed by Chetan Anand, Dev's elder brother. It was produced by Dev Anand. Music was scored by S.D. Burman. It was the first film produced by Dev Anand under his own banner Navketan films. His co star was Suraiya , the then Super star who used to sing her own songs.

Songs of Asli Naqli is brilliant and another musical extravaganza is of Shami Kappor, Tumsa Nahin Dekha, a simple film with nice songs.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Tumsa Nahin Dekha a lovely comedy. Music was scored by the inimitable O.P. Nayyar, who in the later years was to become The Rhythm King of Bollywood. The songs like Yun To Hamne Lakh Haseen Dekhi Hai,,, Jawaniyan yeh Mast Mast Bin piye were the super hits.

mohan manohar wrote:

Songs of Asli Naqli is brilliant and another musical extravaganza is of Shami Kappor, Tumsa Nahin Dekha, a simple film with nice songs.

Tumsa nahin Dekha and Dil dekhe dekho are two of my favorite films of Shammi Kapoor..I have the cds and watch them every now and then....He was so very handsome , utterly romantic and dashing ! I cant think of a single hero now who comes anywhere close to him in charisma and class !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

Shammi Kapoor invented the word "YAHOO" and used it in Junglee well before Yahoo search engine has come in to light. He was known as the first Rebel star of Bollywood.

Jangli, Kashmir ki kali, Professor you name it , any movi of Shammi and I will say I have watched it

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Great. You are undoubtedly an Avid Movie Buff.

rambabu wrote:

Great. You are undoubtedly an Avid Movie Buff.

Incidentally I watched a movie last in a cinema hall was ham aapke ha koun in 1995. I have not entered a cinema hall ever since. My daughter saw only one movie (hahk) during her education.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Balraj Sahni is another actor who I have always liked and respected ...I guess he is looked up by all for the kind of person he was and also the roles he portrayed in films. His Do biga Zameen is a land mark film made by Bimal Roy. It is a very realistic portrayal of a poor farmer trying his level best to save his field from the clutches of a greedy zamindar and money lender...I don't think after 60 odd years things have changed much for the peasants since we still get to hear of farmers committing suicide for a few thousand rupees.. 

Balraj Sahni and Nirupa Roy gave out their best for this film and the music by Salil Chaudhury was superlative including Dharti kahe pukar ke, Hariyala sawan,Aaja re aa nindiya..must watch !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Kabuliwalla, Seema, Garm Hawa to name a few that mirror his great Histrionic talents. He was a very highly educated and he started his career in IPTA, Indian People's theeater Association. He was a writer also. He has written 1951 Dev Anand movie Baazi. that was directed by Gurudutt.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.