Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

There is a Tamil film “Bombay” directed by Mani Ratnam, released several years ago,  just after the demolition of Babri Masjid. A Hindu youth and a Muslim girl getting married with oppositions in their family. They settle in Mumbai and have two children. That time religious riots broke out in Mumbai based on the Babri Masjid issue. It is a controversial film that portrays the values of human relations between different religions in the realistic background of communal riots. It has won several awards and was dubbed in Hindi also.  

Bombay was made in several languages. It was a Mani Ratnam classic. mani Ratnam made another classic Nayak with kamal hasan about the don Varadarajan Mudaliyar.. Bombay show causes religious harmony. Arvind swamy and Manisha koirala were in the lead roles. A film worth seeing by all.

usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I can still remember the movie Jagriti which I had seen decades back. I can also remember the characters of good and the bad boys and the way headmaster of the school tried to handle. But the way the the movie went on with so many emotional scenes and ended I can recall almost every scene of it.

I too have seen this film a long time ago and the song Hum laye hai toofan se kashti nikhal ke is unforgettable, Abhi Bhattacharya as the teacher did an excellent job, we need more such films now to guide and enlighten the youngsters..

At this point another name comes to my mind that is "Do Ankhen Barah Haath" . If I remember right the lead role was played by V Shantharam. That is another movie I saw during my school days and I can recall some of the scenes of the movie which was based on jail and inmates.   

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

MG Singh wrote:

I saw the " The Great Gatsby" where Amitabh has a wonderful 10 minute role. Simply wonderful !!!

MG Singh 

Let me clarify rule of the house at this point, you should avoid writing two or more posts  in a row please, you can answer everyone in same box if that is the case. Thank You.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

There is a Tamil film “Bombay” directed by Mani Ratnam, released several years ago,  just after the demolition of Babri Masjid. A Hindu youth and a Muslim girl getting married with oppositions in their family. They settle in Mumbai and have two children. That time religious riots broke out in Mumbai based on the Babri Masjid issue. It is a controversial film that portrays the values of human relations between different religions in the realistic background of communal riots. It has won several awards and was dubbed in Hindi also.  

Yes Bombay was a good film, made in both Tamil and Hindi, it had some good songs as well..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

Yes Bombay was a good film, made in both Tamil and Hindi, it had some good songs as well..

True. There are good compositions by A. R. Rahman. I liked the songs Hamma Hamma, sung by Remo Fernandes, Swarnalatha and Suresh Peters. Kuchi Kuchi Rakkamma sung by Udit Narayan, Kavita Krisna Murthy and other singers.

I feel bored at watching Bombay, with songs not so good, it is my personal opinion and also I do not like movies that are related with political issues, but this movie was appreciated by many. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

There is a saying in Hindi, Pasand Apni Apni aur Khayal Apana Apna. " It means each of us have different likes and dislikes. To have different likings is not sin. You can have your own opinion.

I feel that all films directed by Hrishkesh Mukherji are worth watching ...Recently they have been showing some of his films on Zee Classic channel...His earliest film was Anadi with Raj Kapoor , Nutan , Lalita Pawar and Motilal - a very well made film with great award winning music. Nutan is no doubt a very  accomplished actress ...although I personally found Raj Kapoor and Nutan mismatched, the story and the treatment of the film more than made up for this lapse..

Anadi has some lovely songs 1 Kisiki muskarahoto pe..2, Woh chand kila woh taare hanse 3, Dil ki nazar se 4, Tera jaan , to name some

Definitely worth watching ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Oh if they are on Z classic channel. I must see right now. I'm a great fan of Hrishikesh Mukherjee. Though Raj Kapoor and Nutan are mismatched the command over the Movie making of Hrishi da and the music of SJ with evergreen songs like "Kisiki Muskurahaton... and Woh Chand Khila Woh Tare Haein.. made Anadi an evergreen movie.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.