Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Chandan Kumar singh wrote:

I love cooking.As I am living alone. I cook myself. I make every kind of food but my best recipe is chicken biryani.

That is great, in fact these days men are becoming better cooks that women and in many homes I see men cooking during weekends...In my own household my son loves cooking and now he cooks some special  dishes for his wife during weekends. He sends me recipes for fusion dishes that he has experimented and tried out successfully ..expressionless

Its nice to see men contributing their share in the kitchen. Many men are venturing into the food industries. Its no wonder that many of the master chef winners turn out to be men

I've heard stories of men becoming victims of society's stereotypes if they dream to pursue a woman centric field such as cooking.

Imagine a man in a conservative household whose fathers and forefathers have done nothing but government jobs. And suddenly he tells his family about his dream to be a chef. How tough it would be for him to convince them!! 

I guess it depends on different regions and also family background. In many south indian middle class households you see many men taking an active part in the kitchen . They make dosas or cook rice or help out in washing up. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Chandan Kumar singh wrote:

I love cooking.As I am living alone. I cook myself. I make every kind of food but my best recipe is chicken biryani.

That is great, in fact these days men are becoming better cooks that women and in many homes I see men cooking during weekends...In my own household my son loves cooking and now he cooks some special  dishes for his wife during weekends. He sends me recipes for fusion dishes that he has experimented and tried out successfully ..expressionless

Its nice to see men contributing their share in the kitchen. Many men are venturing into the food industries. Its no wonder that many of the master chef winners turn out to be men

I've heard stories of men becoming victims of society's stereotypes if they dream to pursue a woman centric field such as cooking.

Imagine a man in a conservative household whose fathers and forefathers have done nothing but government jobs. And suddenly he tells his family about his dream to be a chef. How tough it would be for him to convince them!! 

I guess it depends on different regions and also family background. In many south indian middle class households you see many men taking an active part in the kitchen . They make dosas or cook rice or help out in washing up. 

Same case here in Imphal. Its normal to see boys helping the women in their kitchen work. In fact, normally when women have their monthly period, they cannot cook food or take part in religious ceremony. During those days, often its the men & boys who take charge of the kitchen duties

Thank you said by: rambabu

Once a person learns to handle cooking and manage the kitchen life becomes much easier for them.since they don't need to depend on anyone for food ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

True. It is a question of attitude and developing a liking towards Cooking. My maternal uncle, who is no more was a very good Cook. In those days, he himself used to prepare all the ingredients like masalas and spices.

He was an expert in Fish preparations. Vizag being a coastal city, he used to prepare a variety of Fish preparations

I found this very useful and interesting article online which goes on to explain how life changes when you make some minimalistic changes ..

http://www.becomingminimalist.com/yum-yum/

Every human being gets hungry & when anyone becomes hungry too, try to cook something whatever he had at that same time.Doesn't matter its women or

man.It's my personal experience.  

Time has changed a lot and hopefully it will change much more for the better. What I feel is when the males of the house take part in cooking, the meals become extra special because such a practice is uncommon one.    

shampasaid

Thank you said by: rambabu

in Indian mythology there  are,two cooks both are males  One is Nala and one is Bhima. Bhima is believed to be the first to have cooked, the famous dish "Aviyal"

Art of cooking has been practiced even by men. Bhima and Nala were experts in this Art.Nala had the extraordinary power of cooking without fire.

Nala has written a book known as " Paka Darpanam"

The most striking feature of ancient culinary that it was based on a sound base of well balanced diet because the base of food preparation is based on Ayurveda and balance of Tri Doshas

http://www.oneindia.com/2007/12/30/bhima-good-cook-like-nala-1199016140.html

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Time has changed a lot and hopefully it will change much more for the better. What I feel is when the males of the house take part in cooking, the meals become extra special because such a practice is uncommon one.    

True it is a special occasion in most house holds since it is not done often ..

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

Yes, I like cooking. Whenever I get free time I try to prepare some food for my family members. It is one of my favorite hobbies.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.