Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
During my morning walk one day, I have seen, a book has fallen down from the bag of a student, walking ahead of me in a hurry. I called him, but the student did not hear me.
I lifted the book .it was "Wings of Fire" , autobiography of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, an abridged one.
Written in a simple language, how he has risen from a humble state to the exalted state of eminence. It's a powerful book on courage and belief. The style is as simple as the man himself.
During my morning walk one day, I have seen, a book has fallen down from the bag of a student, walking ahead of me in a hurry. I called him, but the student did not hear me.
I lifted the book .it was "Wings of Fire" , autobiography of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, an abridged one.
Written in a simple language, how he has risen from a humble state to the exalted state of eminence. It's a powerful book on courage and belief. The style is as simple as the man himself.

Yes it is very good book written in simple language , I too have read it . In fact in many schools for high schools it is recommended as non detail text book, some have adopted it whereas some have not... AP must have done so !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes it is very good book written in simple language , I too have read it . In fact in many schools for high schools it is recommended as non detail text book, some have adopted it whereas some have not... AP must have done so !

Yes, it has been added to the school curriculum in AP too. The book I read was an abridged one. I want to read the unabridged one. I search in the library today.
John Grisham writes legal thrillers which are acclaimed by many book lovers and I have read quite a few of them - my favorite among them are Pelican Brief, The firm and The Testament . The first two have been made into successful films.
His style of writing is unique, strightforward and witty and his books are very interesting since it involves the various nuances of law and legal matters

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

John Grisham writes legal thrillers which are acclaimed by many book lovers and I have read quite a few of them - my favorite among them are Pelican Brief, The firm and The Testament . The first two have been made into successful films.
His style of writing is unique, strightforward and witty and his books are very interesting since it involves the various nuances of law and legal matters

I too am an ardent fan of John Grisham. I read Pelican brief which was made in to a successful movie. I liked his Rainmaker.which was also made in to a movie.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

Oh wow! I love John Grisham too! The very first book I read was A Time to Kill followed by The Client and I was totally hooked on to his style of writing,. His ability to create a thrilling story is amazing!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Oh wow! I love John Grisham too! The very first book I read was A Time to Kill followed by The Client and I was totally hooked on to his style of writing,. His ability to create a thrilling story is amazing!

Yes true, I love his sense of humor too , very subtle but at the same time rib tickling ! In his The Runaway jury some of the things are so utterly funny , I thoroughly enjoyed reading that book !

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
I am more into Indian authors. I can relate to Indian fictions and really enjoy reading them. But sadly publishing a book has become so easy now that many new authors have emerged..which is a good thing, but the quality of writing is not at par with well-known writers.

Some of my favorite reads are: The God of Small Things (Arundhati Roy), Small Remedies and Moving On by Shashi Despande (these two are my favorite books), I also enjoyed reading Anita Nair's Ladies Coupe'.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Thank you said by: usha manohar
If John Grisham's themes revolve around legal issues, Robin Cook's themes revolve around a combo of Medicine and crime. I read his Coma earlier. Fortunately 3 days ago i could lay my hand on a collection of 3 novels bound in one big volume consisting of Outbreak, Mortal fear and Mutation. Though i remember i read Outbreak earlier but not sure
So, for the coming few days i'm sure of getting immersed in the world of Robin Cook.
I am more into Indian authors. I can relate to Indian fictions and really enjoy reading them. But sadly publishing a book has become so easy now that many new authors have emerged..which is a good thing, but the quality of writing is not at par with well-known writers.

Some of my favorite reads are: The God of Small Things (Arundhati Roy), Small Remedies and Moving On by Shashi Despande (these two are my favorite books), I also enjoyed reading Anita Nair's Ladies Coupe'.

I have not read many Indian authors but I really liked Anurag Mathur's The Inscrutable Indians. I have some of Chetan Bhagat's books and they worth reading once, I read God of Small Things too but did not really like it much! Others , I like reading Sudha Murthy's books a lot!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.