Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am more into Indian authors. I can relate to Indian fictions and really enjoy reading them. But sadly publishing a book has become so easy now that many new authors have emerged..which is a good thing, but the quality of writing is not at par with well-known writers.

Some of my favorite reads are: The God of Small Things (Arundhati Roy), Small Remedies and Moving On by Shashi Despande (these two are my favorite books), I also enjoyed reading Anita Nair's Ladies Coupe'.

I have not read many Indian authors but I really liked Anurag Mathur's The Inscrutable Indians. I have some of Chetan Bhagat's books and they worth reading once, I read God of Small Things too but did not really like it much! Others , I like reading Sudha Murthy's books a lot!

Sudra Murty"s Wise and Otherwuse is a fantastic collection of 21 short stories. I read it and immensely liked it.
I am more into Indian authors. I can relate to Indian fictions and really enjoy reading them. But sadly publishing a book has become so easy now that many new authors have emerged..which is a good thing, but the quality of writing is not at par with well-known writers.

Some of my favorite reads are: The God of Small Things (Arundhati Roy), Small Remedies and Moving On by Shashi Despande (these two are my favorite books), I also enjoyed reading Anita Nair's Ladies Coupe'.

I have not read many Indian authors but I really liked Anurag Mathur's The Inscrutable Indians. I have some of Chetan Bhagat's books and they worth reading once, I read God of Small Things too but did not really like it much! Others , I like reading Sudha Murthy's books a lot!

Sudra Murty"s Wise and Otherwuse is a fantastic collection of 21 short stories. I read it and immensely liked it.

Have you read her Dollar Bahu? It is a very good book and portrays how money tears a family apart very well!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Have you read her Dollar Bahu? It is a very good book and portrays how money tears a family apart very well!

No. I noted it and i'll get it from the library. But I can understand Sudha Murthy's mesmerizing writing style. They are simply "Life in Print."
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I have read all of Chetan Bhagat's books,..i agree with you..they are one time read. Haven't read The Inscrutable Indians--it is on my to-read list.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

I have read all of Chetan Bhagat's books,..i agree with you..they are one time read. Haven't read The Inscrutable Indians--it is on my to-read list.

The humour is quite subtle and yet the book is really funny. You will enjoy it!

Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh

Other than Chetan Bhagat who is probably the most popular modern day writer but lacking real quality , there are many good Indian writers like Vikram Seth, Ashok K Banker, Nilanjan Choudhury , who have all made excellent literary contributions !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Other than Chetan Bhagat who is probably the most popular modern day writer but lacking real quality , there are many good Indian writers like Vikram Seth, Ashok K Banker, Nilanjan Choudhury , who have all made excellent literary contributions !

I enjoyed reading Rohinton Mistry's Family Matters, however, A Fine Balance couldn't hold my interest for long.
Chetan Bhagat writes keeping in those Indians in mind who enjoy Bollywood masala movie.

I enjoyed reading Rohinton Mistry's Family Matters, however, A Fine Balance couldn't hold my interest for long.
Chetan Bhagat writes keeping in those Indians in mind who enjoy Bollywood masala movie.

True...his books are usually written quite superficially not unlike Hindi movies, but the message he tried to convey in Five Point Someone (3 idiots movie) is very relevant and good.

Yes..usually when a book is made into a movie..it is somehow not well-adapted or portrayed properly, but 5-point someone was beautifully made into a movie.

True...his books are usually written quite superficially not unlike Hindi movies, but the message he tried to convey in Five Point Someone (3 idiots movie) is very relevant and good.

Yes..usually when a book is made into a movie..it is somehow not well-adapted or portrayed properly, but 5-point someone was beautifully made into a movie.

In fact, I felt the movie was more stronger and effective than the book itself!!!

Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.