Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In villages, the conservation of water has become must. For some villages rain is like a boon.

Want to make each day Accountable

i also like the thought of rain water harvesting
What i think that even if the villagers store water, they will use that for themselves. For harvesting, i think more water is needed.

When people start making preparations for their needs , the pressure on public source comes down.Most importantly we need to be careful while using water.I have put posters about it in bathrooms so that one cannot miss it..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In villages, the conservation of water has become must. For some villages rain is like a boon.

It's not only in the village but everywhere that the conservation of water has become an important thing. In fact I heard that in many places including Delhi, it is mandatory to make a provision for rain water harvesting structure when constructing a house.

It's not only in the village but everywhere that the conservation of water has become an important thing. In fact I heard that in many places including Delhi, it is mandatory to make a provision for rain water harvesting structure when constructing a house.

Oh! You mean that some place should be left for Conserving water?

That's what I was told.I don't know if it is actually followed. The structure need not be a big one. Even a simple pipe like structure on the roof edge could serve the purpose of collecting the rain water.

That's what I was told.I don't know if it is actually followed. The structure need not be a big one. Even a simple pipe like structure on the roof edge could serve the purpose of collecting the rain water.

In Bangalore it has been made compulsory to have a rain water harvesting system laid if you are constructing a house on a site measuring 60x40 or more ..The sump is normally built in the driveway and all the water that falls on the roof and elsewhere is directed towards the sump where it gets collected..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Many major cities in south India too are now seriously considering implementing rain water harvesting.Apparently it can be successfully implemented only in places that have a high altitude where water gets drained into the soil and not in coastal cities..

True, but instead the water that just goes into drain can be collected into barrels and used for cleaning and gardening purposes. A few of my English friends do that even though there is lot of rain in England. They collect the rainwater in huge barrels and use that for such purposes. We can implement that in India too instead of wasting purified water supplied by the local municipal corporations.

That is a good idea. We simply cannot afford to waste water , in times to come we may end up regretting...I see that in Bangalore many households collect rain water and use it for gardening and washing cars etc...

Even in the north east India collecting rain water is a way of life. Whenever, it rains , people would collect the rain water in bucket, barrel etc and use for every domestic purposes including washing clothes, bathing etc.

Yes it happens here too ...But only when there are rains during summer months which often happens when the weather becomes unbearably hot...People are slowly becoming aware of the importance of collecting fresh rain water, the best way of doing it is to let it drain into the soil , thereby bringing up the water level...

I think Tamilnadu is the first state who use the rain water most by rain harvesting. Rajasthan and Gujarat are also using.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.