Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Divya wrote:

Its even sadder when the so called educated and evolved people turn a blind eye to international corporate, and are ready to do away with the our own culture and tradition without actually understanding the importance and significance. 

It is not 1 or 10 or 100 people, its whole state that is standing united for cause. I dont think the whole state can be misled and be standing strong for nothing. 

Milk is jst one commodity that we are trying to fight for there for so many which are already taken over... pepper, oils, groundnut. But obviously the so called educated and evolved people will not understand that. 

This is the kind of misinformation that is being fed to the masses to support the cause of Jallikattu ? which is nothing but  a bloody sport ! 

India has neither lost groundnuts nor pepper. Groundnuts are native to South america and were introduced to India in the 16th century and i fact we have overtaken all other countries in its production ..

DISTRIBUTION, AREA AND PRODUCTION: The major groundnut-producing countries of the world are India, China, Nigeria, Senegal, Sudan, Burma and the USA. Out of the total area of 18.9 million hectares and the total production of 17.8 million tonnes in the world, these countries account for 69% of the area and 70% of the production. India occupies the position, both in regard to the area and the production, in the world. About 7.5 million hectares is put under it annually and the production is about 6 million tonnes. 70% of the area and 75% of the production are concentrated in the four states of Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Orissa have irrigated area forms about 6% of the total groundnut area in India.

As far as Pepper is concerned we are third in its production with Vietnam and Indonesia being the top two producers and pepper too is found in the entire south eastern region so we cannot put an individual claim over it..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Whatever other arguments may be produced for and against the sport, as far as I am concerned, this particular fact regarding the "manly, traditional sport" is inhuman and cruel and can be justified in noway.

What manliness is it to intoxicate a bull with alcohol and then win over him? What is the bravado in handicapping a bull with lime juice in his eyes and chilli powder rubbed on his genitals?

If this is what is done to the bulls and then injuring them seriously in order to prove your false 'manhood' I think these people are no less than the barbarians. This issue is now no more based on the identity of an old culture, but it has now become a battle of ego.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Everyone is saying that this game is inhumane and cruelty against animals. They will not say about those living beings which are killed for fun or food. Animals gives milk for their kids, but we take it away and sell this milk not letting the animals to feed their kids with the milk, is this not cruelty. Think if your own new born baby will kept away from mother's milk. Some animals are killed in the name of religion, but no court, no intellectual will have any problem. These people have problem with only selected religion. India is now facing selective secularism.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Divya wrote:@rambabu.... In Andhra cock fight will definitely continue because as I understand from my friends...It involves a lot of money.... To the tune of crores in betting
Yes. In AP cock fight will definitely continue. Because, cock fights are patronized by the top Politicians

usha manohar wrote:
Divya wrote:

Its even sadder when the so called educated and evolved people turn a blind eye to international corporate, and are ready to do away with the our own culture and tradition without actually understanding the importance and significance. 

It is not 1 or 10 or 100 people, its whole state that is standing united for cause. I dont think the whole state can be misled and be standing strong for nothing. 

Milk is jst one commodity that we are trying to fight for there for so many which are already taken over... pepper, oils, groundnut. But obviously the so called educated and evolved people will not understand that. 

This is the kind of misinformation that is being fed to the masses to support the cause of Jallikattu ? which is nothing but  a bloody sport ! 

India has neither lost groundnuts nor pepper. Groundnuts are native to South america and were introduced to India in the 16th century and i fact we have overtaken all other countries in its production ..

DISTRIBUTION, AREA AND PRODUCTION: The major groundnut-producing countries of the world are India, China, Nigeria, Senegal, Sudan, Burma and the USA. Out of the total area of 18.9 million hectares and the total production of 17.8 million tonnes in the world, these countries account for 69% of the area and 70% of the production. India occupies the position, both in regard to the area and the production, in the world. About 7.5 million hectares is put under it annually and the production is about 6 million tonnes. 70% of the area and 75% of the production are concentrated in the four states of Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Orissa have irrigated area forms about 6% of the total groundnut area in India.

As far as Pepper is concerned we are third in its production with Vietnam and Indonesia being the top two producers and pepper too is found in the entire south eastern region so we cannot put an individual claim over it..

For once you have ur facts right... but are we using it is the question. peppers have given way chillies and bell peppers... groundnut has given way to cashews and badam. Groundnut oil is being replaced by olive oil.,...Yes we are the biggest producers... but who is consuming it. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

anil wrote:
jabeen wrote:
anil wrote:

These tradition are much older. When people have limited means of entertainment than they used these tradition for entertainment. Now time is changed no need of all these. Live and let live.

What you have said is indeed true. We need to change our thoughts and traditions with times. We cannot continue doing something just because it was also by our forefathers. 

If I am not mistaken, even in Assam every family used to sacrifice an animal in the last day of durga puja as bali. But I read somewhere that after such killings has been banned by the court, the tradition of bali has been reduced extensively.

Bali is also old tradition. In Rajsthan have one city Tonk. Here is tradition of giving bali of camel, but it is banned by government.

People of Tamil Nadu still is favor of Jallkuti

http://postcard.news/thousands-gather-near-marina-beach-support-jallikattu-will-supreme-court-yield/

Yes Massive protests all over Tamil nadu  including the metro city and state capital Chennai. Youngsters in general and students in particular have taken to the streets in support of jallikattu.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Whatever other arguments may be produced for and against the sport, as far as I am concerned, this particular fact regarding the "manly, traditional sport" is inhuman and cruel and can be justified in noway.

What manliness is it to intoxicate a bull with alcohol and then win over him? What is the bravado in handicapping a bull with lime juice in his eyes and chilli powder rubbed on his genitals?

If this is what is done to the bulls and then injuring them seriously in order to prove your false 'manhood' I think these people are no less than the barbarians. This issue is now no more based on the identity of an old culture, but it has now become a battle of ego.

These are all old stories. The sport is very much more regulate now. 

And it is not a battle of ego or even the culture but more against the corporate scam that everyone else is trying to cover up. 

Thank you all for ur views, i have put forward mine. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Divya wrote:
@usha...Her profession speaking ..It's not an unbiased opinion. That's the least I can say. I also shared a post which lists out the points very clearly.... I hope u vl try to read and rationally understand it too
That is ambiguous since I have worked in a bank, worked as a book adviser to a publishing house and been a trainer for sales professionals and a teacher so not sure which one you are referring to, but not really important since profession does not make a personality , in my opinion !
usha manohar wrote:
Divya wrote:

For once you have ur facts right... but are we using it is the question. peppers have given way chillies and bell peppers... groundnut has given way to cashews and badam. Groundnut oil is being replaced by olive oil.,...Yes we are the biggest producers... but who is consuming it. 

I am normally right  simply because I check my facts before posting them here and if I am wrong and my mistake is pointed out I double check...however, you seem to be lost since cashew and almonds too are grown in India so what is the problem ? Olive oil is used by very few since it is very expensive so it is hardly poses any competition to local oils ..If we want an free market and an open economy we shd be prepared to welcome goods from other places and import ours elsewhere .. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:

Interesting!, here people are playing Jallitkattu with fox.

http://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com/state/other-states/other-cities/here-jallikattu-is-being-palyed-with-fox-forest-officials-watching/articleshow/56663611.cms

Funny to see Jallikattu being played  by forest officials with a fox. Perhaps the forest officials ridiculing Jallikattu. I don't know, but the visual along with the News is funny to look at.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.